King crab

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose8420

Reaction score
Had a great Juneau opening for King Crab this past weekend.
3d9ac176a6c7aaee1f920ec550c8be92.jpg
e0ea1945f8cb9f529094fa8a5a7d939b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a lucky man living in one of the most beautiful unspoiled places on earth!

captnick":2no82ohm said:
You're a lucky man living in one of the most beautiful unspoiled places on earth!
I feel very lucky especially when we have such great weather, 80, sunny and calm.

camron":2no82ohm said:
How do you catch those? Traps?
We fish them with pots in the summer since they are at 300-400 feet deep and scuba dive in the winter. I found them in about 5-10 feet of water last winter.

Kadman":1skjkri9 said:
That's outstanding. Congrats. Would love to dive up in Alaska. Going to Sitka next week to fish. Cheers, Kadman

Sitka is a great place to go fishing. I'm sure you will find some nice halibut, kings and silvers this time of year.

So how many of those does it take to fill a big, hungry man, 1? 2? LOL.

johnkn":277cyt2l said:
So how many of those does it take to fill a big, hungry man, 1? 2? LOL.

I can eat about 1/2 of a crab in one to one full crab in a sitting. it really depends on how full and how big they are.

I'm going to Alaska next week on a cruise, including a stop in Juneau. I wanted to do a cruise and land trip with fishing on the second part, but family obligations. I get to sneak 4 hours of fly fishing in while in port at Ketchikan.

djam":2inccfqm said:
I'm going to Alaska next week on a cruise, including a stop in Juneau. I wanted to do a cruise and land trip with fishing on the second part, but family obligations. I get to sneak 4 hours of fly fishing in while in port at Ketchikan.

Should be a great trip Ketchikan has some great fishing. The silvers should be running strong, they are doing very well here in Juneau with shore fishing. I understand the tight time tables of the cruise ships only so much time in port each day. Good luck and Enjoy your cruise. Definitely pack a rain coat. If I wasn't so busy with my real job I'd offer to take you out while your here in Juneau

Back