Lee Outrigger Installation Help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABRIG005

Reaction score
I have a 2120 SC. Can someone tell me the best way to mount my outriggers. 16' poles with the OH277T base. Thanks Anthony

If you search through the Projects section, one of our members posted a how-to on those exact same rigger bases.

I have those riggers and mounts on the hardtop of my 2510. You will need to reinforce your roof.

I did this with 1/4" by 8" aluminum thru-bolted (counter sunk the bolts on top) and glued across the top of the roof. The centerline of the aluminum plate straddles the hard top frame.

The bolts on the mounts pass through the aluminum, both forward and aft of the hard top frame.

It is rock solid. I tried it once with no rrinforcment and I'm pretty sure those riggers would tear the balsa cored roof apart.

In hindsight I wish I had not purchased those mounts as they drop too low.

I would go with the ones you see here for sale by CMP.

http://www.thehulltruth.com/northeast/2 ... -info.html

would you happen to have a picture?
I already bought the mounts on ebay.
Does the plate go under the base or inside the cabin where the screws come through? Thanks Anthony.

I don't know if its any help but I just installed those same mounts on my t-top and I thru-bolted a 1/4" aluminum plate above and below the t-top using the outrigger bolts. I also had to spend some time fabricating wedges out of starboard so that the outriggers were more or less perfectly vertical when in the upright mode to compensate for the arch in the t-top. The shim thickness was different from port to stbd since the t-top had variations when it was fabricated. Then one of them had more pitch fore/aft then the other so I dismantled the port side and shaved about 1/8" off the aft shim. Now they are parallel to each other when upright and also look uniform when deployed. Honestly, It was a friggin PIA to do it right.

thanks for the reply looks like I have another big project on my hands.
did you have to buy the bolts seperate..mine did not come with any...thanks for the help

When it was all said and done I was using 5/16 x 3.5" on the outside and 5/16 x 3 on the inside. Your lengths may be different due to the thickness of your roof.

I originally installed them with no shims and it looked like crapola because of the variations in the t-top from one side to the other and the curve in the t-top made them drop too low when deployed.

Good luck and patience, Grasshopper.

Great information thanks gents. My buddy is making me some plates out of 1/8" SST One for the top and one for inside the pilot house. May be over kill but thats how I roll. I will post pics next week!

Back