Lenco trim swap

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
I have a 2006 2300CC DV which I think came from the factory with 9 x 12 or 12 x 12 Lenco trim tabs,I would like to know,if I can change to use either 9 x 18 or 12 x 18 and use the same holes that were drilled only spreading 3" inches to each side to accomodate the larger 18" inch (6 inches more than I presently have),this way I can keep the same actuators in place and not drill any holes for them.I assume this can be done very easy.

Robert Cibran
[email protected]

Hi Robert - I'm in miami also - Key biscayne..

We should hook up one day. Where do you launch from?

My Trim Tabs need to be replaced b/c the previous owner damaged them when putting the boat on a trailer. (left them down) - I will only be replacing them and not modifying.

When your ready to take on the project - and want some help.. let me know.
wp.

As a happy 23DVCC owner, IMO you'll both be well served to install some 24x12, or 30x9 Bennetts. You might be suprised how much they'll help a stern heavy boat.

FishFactory":1w24s16t said:
As a happy 23DVCC owner, IMO you'll both be well served to install some 24x12, or 30x9 Bennetts. You might be suprised how much they'll help a stern heavy boat.

Do they fit into the existing layout? I'm not darring enough to make new holes and seal the old ones :roll:

Thanks for all your help!!!!

There will be some new holes. You're buying some parts anyway. Now's the best time to replace system.

You can contact Tom McGow (aka Tabman) at Bennett Marine. I think they are located close to you.

You might as well go ahead and "Bite the Bennett" :D now.

I know that we're up to 9 pages now in the "Projects" area, so it might be easier to use the search feature to search by keyword "trim tab".
Unfortunately, you might still miss some really great projects that owners have shared here, because some threads tend to wander off the given topic. :)

Trim tab modifications have been extensively covered here, including modifying a set of Lencos from the standard 12x12 to much larger sizes.
Some owners (myself included) simply opted to replace the whole system with a new set of larger 24x9 tabs.

Filling the old holes really isn't hard to do, and even those kinds of projects have been covered on ClassicParker in the past, many with accompanying photos of the project, and a list of materials needed for the job.

Whichever way you decide to proceed, we can help.
Photos always make it easier, so grab your camera and dive in! :wink:

Wicho,

I keep the boat in Key Largo and launch from harry harris park in Tavernier,I just want to be able to bring the bow of the boat down a little more so that stern comes out of water a bit more,I will check with Boat Center in US 1 and 186 st (Gary) and he should know what to do and do it the right way.As for brand of trim tabs,I have had Lencos on 2 previous boats (McKee and Mako) and they work just fine and the response is quicker than a hydraulic unit.I'am just trying to find the right size of blade to use.I think 12 x 24 or 9 x 30 is too big for the transom as there are other units on transom like transducer for electronic stuff.I'll ask around to see if the extra six inches will help,if not then must go to 9 x 24.

I saw the pixs of boat you bought,looks good.

Robert
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back