Livewell as fishbox

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
Just wanted to share this with the CP community. Not sure if any of you do this, but on my CC, I frequently use my above deck livewell as a fishbox. A 1 1/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch rubber drain stopper works pretty well to plug up the drain hole. I load it with ice and seawater (using the livewell pump) and have found that it keeps ice pretty well for most trips and you'd be surprised how big a fish wil actually fit in there.

Its important to turn off the livewell spigot up inside the livewell, but more importantly, I close the seacock down in the bilge while running hard. Its fine while trolling or moving to re-start a drift, but while running, you will get alot of water melting all your ice.

I've been lookign for a threaded plug to use to screw into the livewell drain, but have not found one yet. So far, the rubber plug works out OK. Anyone else do anything similar?

Where do you put your bait, seperate livewell?

I used to put a cooler between the jump seats.

Except when using live bunker in the spring for bass, I don't very often use live bait for alot of the fishing that I do. For flounder pounding, I just use the standard killie bucket over the side. Easier to get the bait out.

Back