Livewell drain

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the drain for the factory livewell? I have the Parker 20 gallon livewell mounted from the factory and they used a plastic thru hull below the water line at the transom for the exit (drain) for the livewell. I want to at least change it to bronze and was thinking about adding a shut off valve. I am worried somehow the plastic thru hull could break or get a hole in a hose. I think the best way would be add a seacock but think a shut off valve would still be better then the plastic thru hull. Just wondering if anyone else has changed this.

Not done yet, but on my list to do this winter.
Question: where can you find bronze thru hulls with built in seacocks?

i would add though, that since it is a below the waterline thru-hull with no valve to shut it down in case of a hose failure, you might consider carrying on board some tapered wooden plugs. they are cheap and you can get them at WM or just about anywhere.

when i was in the Navy we even carried them aboard our aircraft carrier. easy to pound into just about any size hole to stop a leak.

Back