looking at a 21 Parker need advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deshet1980

Reaction score
First I would like to say hi to everyone.

The boat is a 1995
I am looking at a 21 parker. I need advice $7500 for a hull and no trailer a good price?
Would a mercury 225 be to much power for this boat.
Can anyone tell me exactly what model this boat is?

I always get nervous when I buy something. I also found a deal on a 1990 21 parker with a running engine for $5000. Is a 1995 that much better then a 1990.

Are these boats much different than todays parkers?

The mercury I have has a 30" shaft would there be a problem putting it on the boat

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=260266096989&rd=1

First thing to do... Get the hull identification numbers off the right side transom area.

If the owners of the boats cannot tell you if the hulls are the DV or MV models, call the factory at 252-728-5621 and give them the HIN numbers. They can tell you what the boats are.

At that point, you need to decide if the price asked for, fits with your plans for what you want to do with the hull.

My department has a 225 Merc EFI on a Parker 21 SE and another with a 150 Yamaha OX66. I can tell you from experience that the 225 is NOT worth it. The 150 Yamaha is about 3 knots slower, but it is also much lighter and more reliable that the Merc has been for us.

You might have problems mounting a 30" shaft motor on a notch transom, but maybe someone here has done that successfully and will chime in.

Good luck!

First of all, I know where there is a 1996 21DV Parker with no engine and a galvanized trailer for $6500. As for the engine, I would not consider mounting a 30 inch engine on this boat. You can get a jackplate that will give you the 5 inches you need but it will look silly in my opinion and this is from someone that has an 18 Parker with a 6 inch jackplate on it with a Suzuki DF 140.

I have a 21DV that I just took a 150 Evinrude off and I plan on mounting either a 200 Opitmax I found or a Yamaha F200 that the dealer wants to deal with me on his demo. I did not like the DV with a 150 but that is me and I am used to running my Regulator23 with twin 150's.

If you are interested in the 1996, give me a call and I can find out if it is still available. It is in New Bern, NC and was still for sale last weekend.
919-649-8058

Back