• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for an 1800 bow rail

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1800

Reaction score
My 1998 1800 CC just got crushed by a giant pine tree in my yard. I'm looking for a replacement bow rail and any recommendations on a good Fiberglas shop in MA/NH area.

Thanks

Dave

If you have a local dealer, I'm sure they can advise you on both.
I'm assuming that your boat and/or homeowners insurance is dealing with this?

Thanks yea I just called a local Parker dealer. They are calling Parker to look for a railing. I do have homeowners and boat insurance but I'm nervous they are going to want to total the boat because of its age. There is no way I'll be able to repair or replace it with the money I'll get. I guess I'm covered for only $7500, if the repair bill goes over that they will total it. Not sure how that works if I want to keep it and fix it?

If an insurance company totals a vehicle (or boat), you do have the option of buying it back from them for an agreed on price.
I do not know of a case where someone has done this with a boat, but I do know of people doing it with desirable cars... specifically Corvettes.

Corvettes of any age are desirable, and sometimes an owner can buy a wreck back from the insurance company, then make a profit by parting it out.
With a boat, if it has recent new power, you might make out by parting out the motor, controls, and some of the hardware, but I doubt you could recoup the buy-back money... but I could be wrong.

Do you have any photos of the damage that you could post?
Some of the folks here who have done fiberglass work might be able to advise if the project is worth it or not.

Thanks for the info. I actually just heard back from Parker and a new railing is only $800 delivered. Riverfront marine recommended Paul's auto body up the street in Salisbury MA for the fiberglass work. I just called and they sound reputable.

Here a few few picks of the damage. It still feels like a bad dream, trying to stay positive!

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 79
From what I see, that is repairable.
But... I'm not sure I would go with an auto body shop unless they specialize in Corvettes.

Look for a boat repair fiberglass guy.

Sorry to hear that... X2 on the boat fiberglass guys I also wouldn't bring it to an automotive repair shop.

I guess it's actually Northeast Boat service, they specialize in fiberglass & gelcoat repairs among other things. I think the guy owns both?

Dave1800":28uwixw2 said:
I guess it's actually Northeast Boat service, they specialize in fiberglass & gelcoat repairs among other things. I think the guy owns both?

Worth paying them a visit to check them out. :wink:

Back