Lower Bay Parker Owners

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachbob

Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any Parker owners in the lower Chesapeake Bay that might be interested in a boat get-together next year.

I am willing but I hate the hot weather unless I can get wet. I can envision a line of Parkers along the HRBT or SBC and stripers running the gauntlet. I guess that really wouldn't work because of the wave action.

There is a wonderful protected sand bar off of Goodwin's Island (York-Poquoson River intersection) and a nice landing close by at Back Creek Park. Several marinas are nearby for restocking depleted refreshments. The island lends itself to exploration by the kids and there is beach there, as well as excellent clamming. I wish there were still enough eelgrass to screen the sea nettles out, but they are not usually too bad.

Anyone else have a particular site in mind?

I may have to cop a ride if I sell the boat after striper season. Just ain't getting out enough to justify the costs. Might go land yachting instead. :shock:

maxout":39idcxtq said:
Im In...Solomon's. plan it I will be there!

I noticed in your signature:
2007 Parker 2520SL, Yamaha F-250, Rear Station, Raymarine C120, 4KW Radome
2007 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 4WD, 6.0 Powerstroke, Banks
that you have a Banks installed.

How do you like it? Any warranty problems...can it restore the factory codes so the mechs can't tell you reprogrammed the CPU? Did you open up the exhaust (cat-back or turbo-back) and/or the air intake at the same time?

Reason I ask is that I have a 2003 6.0 PSD and after the dealer has flashed it a couple of times, I feel that I lost HP and torque. I want to get some of that back, and have been looking into a number of after-market CPU reprogramming products.

I'll be at the CBBT on 21 December fishing on a local guides Parker 23SE.
Does that count? We can meet you at the 4th island... :)

Porkchunker":1lu6ubst said:
maxout":1lu6ubst said:
Im In...Solomon's. plan it I will be there!

I noticed in your signature:
2007 Parker 2520SL, Yamaha F-250, Rear Station, Raymarine C120, 4KW Radome
2007 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 4WD, 6.0 Powerstroke, Banks
that you have a Banks installed.

How do you like it?

I love it :lol: When I first got the truck they had to retune it and I too noticed a loss in power. I put the Banks on at 15K to make sure the engine was broken in and didn't have any issues.

Any warranty problems... can it restore the factory codes so the mechs can't tell you reprogrammed the CPU?

I have never had my 6.0 to the dealer in 10K miles so I am not sure. I was told by Banks that it would not void your warranty and the dealer has to prove the Banks system caused the particular problem if there is one. As far as any codes the Banks I have is not a flash programmer it is in-line with the computer (six gun) and makes adjustments constantly. I have friends with flash programmers and allot of them have problems due to the programmer not monitoring EGT and FTA Mixtures. They claim more horsepower than Banks but sometimes it comes at a huge expense (blown head bolt, burn valves, blown turbo).

Did you open up the exhaust (cat-back or turbo-back) and/or the air intake at the same time?

Excellent question, do the exhaust first. The most important part of the upgrade is the ability to expel hot exhaust gasses quickly and to monitor them. I did the Monster Dual System from Silverline. It is a 4" polished 304 stainless from the turbo back. Easy to install yourself. I also added an EGT sensor in the manifolds that connects to the Six Gun. Do Not Put The 5" System In. There isn't enough clearance on the downpipe from the turbo and most companies use a 4" downtube even on a so called 5" system. 4" is plenty large enough and any larger will cause issues with you stock turbo ( it is a variable pitch turbo and needs a little back pressure to spool up quick) As far as the air cleaner I stayed with the stock housing an opted for the K&N filter. I read studies on the other air cleaner systems and they were not as good as stock with the K&N. The other part of the Banks I would recommend is the larger Intercooler & air intake manifolds. This will help pressure the engine by supplying cooler air to the turbo at a high rate of return = more oxygen and horse power without heat.

Reason I ask is that I have a 2003 6.0 PSD and after the dealer has flashed it a couple of times, I feel that I lost HP and torque. I want to get some of that back, and have been looking into a number of after-market CPU reprogramming products.

Go To www.bankspower.com

What I have is the same as the Big Hoss bundle with Silverline exhaust and K& N air filter.

You can upgrade in stages. I would do the exhaust first, intercooler then programmer (In-Line). I had just the exhaust done and noticed alot more power and a great sound! Once you have the complete system installed you will be amazed at the power. My friend has the same exact system on his 2007 F350 6.0 Dually 4X4 Crew Cab (same as mine) and raced a 2005 Mustang GT @ MIR and beat him by almost a whole second! Get this he raced him in 4WD!!!

Back