Making her shine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponr

Reaction score
What’s everyone using to make their boat shine these days?

I’ve used buff magic in the past and it’s worked great.

Looking to make my 21 se shine Again.

I've been using a product called Rejex for 2 years now on my old Mako. Remove any old wax, compound with your favorite depending on oxidation severity and wipe on, wipe off. Lasts for a year in the northeast, probably less in the South. Works awesome. Its not a wax but a polymer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've had success with a number of products (Buff Magic being one).
In all cases, preparation and removal of oxidation is key.

Preparing gelcoat for a final application of wax is much like painting a car.
Preparation, preparation, preparation to make it perfect... then wax.
If it isn't perfect, the wax won't make it better. It will only seal in the imperfections.

I have a number of posts in the project section showing a number of products and techniques along with photos.

albiejunkie":2867kwc0 said:
I've been using a product called Rejex for 2 years now on my old Mako. Remove any old wax, compound with your favorite depending on oxidation severity and wipe on, wipe off. Lasts for a year in the northeast, probably less in the South. Works awesome. Its not a wax but a polymer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you like REJEX ( I use to use it too)... you will LOVE Ultima Paint Guard Plus (UPGP): I switched 2 years ago because of all the white residue the rejex would leave behind: truck too. This UPGP is the cats meow! You'll thank me later.

Back