Mounting a filet board

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makoman232

Reaction score
Picking up my 2320 Parker this Friday and was wondering where to mount a filet board.
Does anyone have any ideas or photos?

Thanks for the help

I use a portable rod holder type. I've added some pics so yo can see what it looks like. Mine came with the boat so I can't tell you how much they are. They are very common so a Google search or West Marine type search should find one. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 442
shawnee83":18rd3tql said:
I use a portable rod holder type. I've added some pics so yo can see what it looks like. Mine came with the boat so I can't tell you how much they are. They are very common so a Google search or West Marine type search should find one. Hope this helps.

+1 on this, with one change. I used the same rig for one season but always hated to lose the rod holder. I ended up modifying mine by removing the bottom tube and mount. I then added a piece of treated 1X3 lumber along the bottom front and rear so that I could just hook it over the gunnel, ahead of the rod holder. Solved my problem and made it also easier to store onboard.

I agree with the loss of a rod position as this will not mount in the forward holders on mine due to the angle of the rod holder and the adjustment on the board can't adjust enough to make it work. Fortuniay I have a set of Tuna type Rod holders in the center that I can use so I get around that. I usually only troll with 2 rods in the rear holders. I'd like to see that modification too. Will it stay put while running or do you have to take it down?

I always made sure everything on the boat had multiple purposes which saved a lot of space. Using the backside of the transom lid as a cutting board worked out very well for me. I hit it with a sander prior to selling and the lid looked brand new.

file.php

Guys, here's the only photo I can quickly find. Measure the width of the gunnel and mount the wood strips as needed. I've never had this move while the boat is running. Added benefit is that the board still drains over the side which aids cleanup.

Attachments

• P7150090 (2).jpg
    P7150090 (2).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 395
I put mine right in the middle of each transom hatch. I like it there doesn't take up fishing space along the gunwales and everything drips off the back

Attachments

• bait well.jpg
    bait well.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 380
  • center rod holder 2.JPG
    center rod holder 2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 380
. . . .for a full transom I like Mike's set up a lot. ....I have the notched transom and this came with the boat. . ...wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it works great.. . ...also plenty big to filet back at the dock too. . . ..

. . .sorry about the crappy pic. . ..still refuse to upgrade to a smartphone. .....

Attachments

• filet tabel.jpg
    filet tabel.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 356
Back