MUST READ - ETHANOL AND YOUR BOAT

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTSPOT

Reaction score
The EPA is considering increasing the ethanol content in gasoline to 15 percent, which can damage your boat and engine. Use this website and tell EPA not to increase the ethanol blend level!

Use the link below to send a customizable form letter.

Click Here-->Help Stop E15

don't know if i have been making any progress but i have been making the effort. the manager of my neighborhood gas station who was recently forced to take E-10 fuel from his distributor said that he was told trailer boaters will have to go to a marina for straight gas. bummer. the law says that straight gas WILL be made available for AIRPLANES and BOATS. i guess it won't be convenient if i have to allow for an extra hour to make it over to a marina for gas (and pay higher prices).

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 904
message sent - thanks for the link. the corn bio fuel story is a joke - only not that funny.

I have posted my message to them, I know a lot of people have had trouble with ethanol. I overdo the Startron deal by putting more than I am supposed to everytime I fill up, I hope this don't screw anything up.

ppem45":gul6542z said:
I have posted my message to them, I know a lot of people have had trouble with ethanol. I overdo the Startron deal by putting more than I am supposed to everytime I fill up, I hope this don't screw anything up.

It's stated right on the bottle.
You can't over-treat with StarTron.

When I treat, I err on the side of more rather than less.

I sent in an email,great post I just sold my old boat and purchased a new 21 footer with 150 four stroke. My old boat had an oil inject 2 stroke and I was concerned about the effects of ethanol. my fathers run about had a 1993 115 yammie on it and he never has a problem till E-10 came out. The first year the carbs clogged up twice, Next spring engine lost compression in all cylinders. Mechanic said e-10 keeps the cylinders too clean and was killing 2 stokes all over.

Back