My next security question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a light attached to a motion switch that would come on if someone gets on the boat while moored at night. Obviously aimed to not be set off by a bird. Although I have searched, does anyone have a link to a reasonably prices switch of this type ? Thanks !

Hello,
Check this out:
12 volt Motion switch
Should work, then there are 12volt low current lights on that page.

It will make it nice to give the burglar lighting while they are taking items from your boat.... ouch! Might deter someone though.

This may sound absurd but you can use an I/R switch and use a series of mirrors under the gunwale. I did this for a guy on his charter boat. He kept all his gear in the rod holders under the gunwale and like you didn't want a bird to set it off. He had his hooked to his existing remote boat monitoring system that would call his cell phone and the dock master. Worked great. Motion sensors don’t work well in a boat...that sits in the water. Too many false alarms. The I/R I purchased was intended for use as a safety for automatic gates and used almost no power @ 12VDC. You could install it to a light or to trigger a siren (Hailer) or anything that can be wired through a relay. I can get you some specific models if you are interested. Nothing is worse than a thief. I love to catch them in the act as my fish bat needs a little workout from time to time. :wink:

Thanks, yes that would be great. The more options for doing this the better. The mirror thing is a very good idea. The boat will still be in range of a firearm, so that is always an option ... 8)

If you miss you'll put a hole in your boat, rather then a hole in the perp.

Do not bring a handgun to a gun fight if caliber does not begin with a 4.

TonyAmalfitano":l2xq3wwh said:
If you miss you'll put a hole in your boat, rather then a hole in the perp.

Do not bring a handgun to a gun fight if caliber does not begin with a 4.

What do ya mean? I thought Parkers were bullet proof???? :wink:

Got SIG?

Latest posts

Back