Need a trailer for a 2300 DV CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverg

Reaction score
Need an aluminum bunk trailer for a 23. Can anyone tell me what trailer Parker provided or the model trailer you use for a 23?

Typically it's Not Parker.....It's the Dealer who supplies the Trailer. Trailers can be cheap or expensive..... It's the Old Boat,Motor, Trailer PACKAGE.

There is a LOT that goes into the selection of a GOOD fitting trailer.

There are PLENTY of threads here that are in depth on this subject.

#1 A FULL length trailer w/ the proper weight handling rating. Full length means Frame rails come all the way to the transom.... IE: Not short frame rails with Cantleavered bunks. You say it's a 23ft boat..... Now look for a trailer for a 25ftr.

Forget the fancy / Ugly alum Wheels... Put a Galvinized steel wheel on it. WHY? Because the alum wheels have center caps that prevent you from easy access to the Posi Lube Hub.... You can't flush that area...Also the style of lug nut that traps salt and corrosion of a alum wheel.

Hi-Tech Marine is the one I'd buy. Panama City,Fl. And build quality without breaking the bank.

https://aluminumboattrailer.com/

Example of Full length frame. You will note the frame is within 3in of the transom.

Attachments

• 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 0
I have a Rolls Axle trailer and I highly recommend that brand if you have the money to spend. With a little maintenance, their trailers will last as long as the hull.

No matter the brand of trailer, I recommend 16 inch rims on six lug hubs (for 5200 pound axles). That gives you the option to use light truck tires since trailer tires are a poor lot (other than Goodyear or Sailun). I have a set of Michelin x-rib tires on my trailer (now very expensive) and they are far and away more heavy duty than any trailer tire.

I also suggest an electric over hydraulic brake actuator. Improves braking reaction time, you can adjust braking strength, and the brakes work in reverse.

Finally, if you plan to use the trailer in salt water and can afford them, get fully stainless brakes on all axles with stainless or NiCop brake lines. My current 10 year old trailer has the original brakes and brake lines (new pads every three years). My last 5Starr trailer needed new calipers, disks and brake lines every three or four years and that cost and hassle added up.

Price point trailers will not have any of these longer-life parts but you will still pay over time!

Back