• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need Armstrong Ladder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outta Here

Reaction score
Anyone got an Armstrong ladder that fits in Armstrong bracket socket?

bajadude":24r7tegc said:
I found a new genuine Armstrong ladder on ebay for $140. They pop up from time to time...

Thanks, as luck would have it, mine came yesterday. I ordered from Boat Owners Warehouse the 40" 3 step with swing mount total $185 to me.

ebay? gimme a break...I consider it a victory to post a link here. :D

Problem is stowing those damn things while underway. Don't like leaving it in the bracket and is just more clutter in the berth. Thinking about selling mine and attaching retractable ladder to the motor bracket.

Typical way to stow is across transom w/supplied brackets, if you don't like the vertical storage. Retractable ladders and Armstrong ladders are not "interchangable" in uses. Armstrong is for divers w/fins on. I'm not too sure you can use a retractable on dry land to board boat as you can use an Armstrong.

ScoopsAhoy":fszdixp0 said:
Problem is stowing those damn things while underway. Don't like leaving it in the bracket and is just more clutter in the berth. Thinking about selling mine and attaching retractable ladder to the motor bracket.

If you do decide to sell it, please let me know. 8)

96TL":1d2e3e1l said:
ScoopsAhoy":1d2e3e1l said:

If you do decide to sell it, please let me know. 8)

You got it. I will try and get to the store this weekend.

FishFactory":2nx80lxt said:
Typical way to stow is across transom w/supplied brackets,

I didn't know they supplied brackets for stowing. I do have one bracket on the edge of the platform that is used to hitch up to when in use, but not for stowing. I will call my dealer. I am finding that he forgot to give me a lot of things that are supposed to have come with the boat. Any pics of what it might look like? (The stow brackets)

www.armstrongnautical.com/

Go to ladders and look at (somewhat new) swing ladder. Way more better. Either take your old "locked in place" ladder back to dealer for credit, or sell to "96TL" (and hope he doesn't see this! :D ). Look at my previous post here for best price I could find and where.

Look at Parker's site and see Parkers with ladders stored on transom. Ladder now comes with cheapo plastic clips. You should be able to p/u some stainless clips anywhere.

The new ladder floats, swings out, and stores upside down in transom bracket, or across back of boat transom w/clips. Watch the video. You can even use the "retro-fit" bracket, mount on back edge of platform, and ladder will simply tilt up should you ever take off with ladder down. Everyone says we will all do this once.

Now if I could only find some fish with legs to invite in boat. :lol:

Fishfactory, the "Certified Ladder Genius" :lol: :lol: :lol:

FishFactory said:
www.armstrongnautical.com/

Now if I could only find some fish with legs to invite in boat. :lol: quote]

I think you did. It's called a mermaid. I watched the video. :wink:

Thanks for the, uh, uh, information.

Scoops:

I have a few sets of new ladder brackets sitting in a box in the workshop. If you can't get what you need, PM me and you are welcome to sort through and take what you need.

jim

grouperjim":50jy4jd6 said:
Scoops: If you can't get what you need, PM me and you are welcome to sort through and take what you need. jim

Typical Classic Parker member :D What a great bunch of guys!

Is what you have the stow away mounting brackets that are specifically for the Armstrong 3 step ladder?

I believe they are the black heavy plastic "C" shaped holders that can be screwed into a bulkhead and then the ladder snaps into the holders. Is that what you are looking for? If interested let me know and I'll go out back and make sure that is what I have. I have some stuff for the Garlick brand and also for Armstrong.

jim

Latest posts

Back