Need help NY, CT Stripers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptZig

Reaction score
A question for the Yankees on this one.....I will be headed north(New London, CT) in a few weeks to try to find some Stripers. Thinking maybe Block Island, Fishermans Island. Who knows may try LI Sound. What will I expect fishing artificials in mid-June around there. I suspect jigging will be the ticket but am interested to here from some locals to that area. Here in the Chesapeake we just finished up a so-so Trophy season. Strictly trolling parachutes and umbrellas. Nowhere near compared to the last few years, but not bad.

CaptZig,
Here in RI a live eel is hard to beat... I also like to fish chunks of Pogies or mackeral.

JimH

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately I can't use live bait. The FLW Striper series tournament is June 16th out of New Haven. Artificial baits only. Not sure if trolling will still be going on up there by then. I can imagine the Blues might be to plentiful for that though. Are than any websites for fishing reports for that area? Thanks for any reply.

Tony 21 Spoons are great along the coast and bluefish dont tear them up. Stretch 25's also work well. (at least in the Mid atlantic)

Hey CZ,
check these places out as well.

www. reel-time.com and try on the water magazine's website as well.

sugar reef can be really productive as can the watch hill light house.
if you are going to fishers island you might as well check out the Watch Hill Light and the reefs around it.

tight lines!

Back