New 2019 Parker 2520XL Power and Pricing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J876

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I'm looking into getting my first new boat, probably sticking with the Parker. My first question: does anyone know a base price for a new 2520XL before options/electronics? Obviously it will vary depending on location and power but I'm looking just for a ballpark estimate.

Second question is regarding power. I've seen people with the 2520XL have 250's or 300's on the back. I'd imagine for a boat that isn't a deep-vee either should suffice? I have an old 25' SL now with a 225 and it's pretty underpowered.

Appreciate any recs.

I have a 250 on my 25xl. It does alright, but a 300 would be better for those days when I'm loaded or when its snotty out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I just purchased a 2500 SE (same 25ft mod-v hull) with a single 300hp. I think it powers the boat adequately, but definitely isn't overpowered. I would definitely get the 300, and don't even know if they are offering the boat with a 250 anymore. The performance bulletin numbers posted on the Parker website are pretty accurate. Cruise at 32mph at 4000rpm getting 2.6mph. Trimmed properly with tabs up I top out at 47mph.

If you are going new I would order in Sept. You will be able to get the most kickbacks at that time. Parker offers incentives as well as the dealers and you will avoid any price increases come January. I am pretty sure both the XL and DV are offered with a 300 or twins but not a single 250, which IMO would be underpowered

Do not trust the performance numbers posted on their site, not speed or economy. Go for a sea trial. Good luck...

sailphish":2o133x1g said:
I just purchased a 2500 SE (same 25ft mod-v hull) with a single 300hp. I think it powers the boat adequately, but definitely isn't overpowered. I would definitely get the 300, and don't even know if they are offering the boat with a 250 anymore. The performance bulletin numbers posted on the Parker website are pretty accurate. Cruise at 32mph at 4000rpm getting 2.6mph. Trimmed properly with tabs up I top out at 47mph.

A 2520XL won't come close to that, at least my new 2520XL didn't and is why I traded it on a new 2820 after 6 months.

Back