New 2510 WA Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CapeCodFrank

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a new 2510 WA. I have only had her for a couple of hours, but then I had to leave on a week-long business trip. There are a couple of things that I don't understand and I plan to speak with the dealer when I return. However, I'm sure the answers lie in this forum.

Question 1: I ordered the boat with a raw-water washdown and a fresh water washdown. There is one hose connection at the transom that appears to be raw water. But I can't figure out where the fresh water connection is. There is a switch on the console for it. Perplexed!

Question 2: There is a seacock just before the raw water pump. Does this also control the livewell? With the seacock open, the raw water washdown works fine, but I was surprised to see the livewell full of water. Not sure how this is supposed to work.

Question 3: I have the standard 2 batteries, but there are two battery switches. On my prior Grady, 2 batteries and one switch. The switch was used to select battery1, battery2, both, or off. With two switches, I don't get it. Each switch has these 4 positions, so if I want to run with one battery, do I set one switch to "1" and the other to "off"?

Again, rookie questions that I'm sure my dealer can answer, but I'm sitting in a hotel room partway across the country wondering, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

Frank,
1). The F/W washdown connection is up under the gunnel on the port side. It's kind of hard to see until you crouch down and look up there. I'm assuming yours is the same as mine (2520XLD). The tank and pump are located under the rear passenger seat and the fill is next to the fuel filler (port side).

2). Is your livewell factory installed? Just curious. Mine is an aftermarket (Offshore) and the guy that installed it put a 1100GPH pump and seacock in additon to the raw pump.. Not sure how the stock set-up is, sorry.

3). Mine had two batteries stock but I had them put two more in when they did the electronics. Do you have twins? I have two switches and the installer said to run both on 1 or 2 to charge but not both set to "both." I generally run setting 1 going out then switch mid stream to 2 once I know the first two are fully charged. I have twin 150's on my boat. Hope some of this helps. I'm still learning to use my new Parker, I'm sure someone more experienced will chime in with some credible info. Randy.

I have a 2820. The factory installed livewell and raw-water wash were on the same seacock. My well would also get water when using the washdown. At one point I was considering putting a valve on the hose from the livewell pump to solve this problem. I have since removed the livewell as I never used it and it was no good for storage due to the water.

I have a 2310 with both a raw water washdown and a livewell. They both use a single seacock center aft bilge. I had the same problem with the livewell filling up unexpectedly when the washdown was hooked up and I had my yard install an in line ball valve to shut off the livewell. That fixed the problem. Also there is a small plastic valve at the end of the faucet inside the livewell but that does not completely cut off the water flow. You may have to look inside the livewell to see this.

Thanks very much. I will be able to check this out on Sunday. Seems like putting the washdown and livewell on the same seacock is a shortcut, but installing a shut-off doesn't sound too hard.

I'd rather have one thru-hull than two. The less holes in the bottom of the boat, the better. Easy enough, as you said, to put a shutoff on the livewell line.

Well, I've found answers for two of my questions:

1. The fresh water washdown question had an easy answer: the factory forgot to install it. They are shipping the parts to the dealer, who will install it here. I guess things got messed up when I ordered both the fresh water washdown and the galley package. They installed the fresh water tank and hooked it up to the sink, but omitted the washdown. My dealer says it is a simple add.

2. The livewell. Yes, single seacock, but two pumps: raw water and livewell. Each is independent, so the livewell doesn't fill up unless I turn on its pump. So that works ok.

3. Still experimenting with the battery setup.

Back