New Here Questions about a 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVF21221

Reaction score
I am considering a 2520 XL Sport Cabin with single 225 Yam.
This would be the 16 degree deadrise?
How much can they handle in the Chesapeake bay in off season bad weather? I am downsizing from an Albemarle.
What is the top end speed?
Cruise speed?
Fuel burn at cruise?
If anyone has a similar boat I appreciate any info.
Thanks, maybe I will become a permenant fixture here if I get her.

Just bought a 2520Xl 2005 with twin yam 150's and fish out of manasquan inlet NJ. Went out on friday morning with NE wind blowing 15 to 20. Chop was 3-4' and building. Heading directly into I was making 11-12 knots. If we quartered it a little we were making 20. by 11am it was 4-to 6 we came home with it on our side and were running a comfortable 20-22.

Fishing was fine in the slop, the boat was stable and we were very happy with the overall performance. We were upgrading from a 2520 sport cabin that had 14 dead rise, quite a bit lighter, no trim tabs and i am sure we would have been slapped around a bit more.

We are not fishing the boat offshore and have no problem slowing down a bit, shutting the door and taking our time in order to stay comfortable.

You are downsizing from a good head sea boat so depending on how critical speed is during your runs you may want to stick with a XLD 21 dead rise which should give you a better ride in a headsea. I have not had any experience on those so maybe someone else can chime in on the XLD ride.

What size Albie.

Given that a long run for most in the Ches Bay is about 20miles for most. Slowing down for the stability, economy, big cockpits, and weather protection of a mod v pilothouse style boat is worth it.

Most 225 4 strokes burn less than 10gph at cruise.

Nothing is gonna run better is some snot than a albie...got caught in a pretty good storm a couple weeks back on a 33 AMAZING

however, overnight at the canyon id rather be in my 23 SE as the albie rooollss and rollsss

Well, I should have stated that I do not run offshore, but do like to fish in the bay even in snotty conditions. Mainly do to the fact of my work, I pick fishing days way in advance, so if the weather does not cooperate I dont want to miss fishing. My albe is the 27 which I feel is overkill for the bay. Making long runs in the Albe=mucho fuel. So yes I see alot of gains by going with the 2520 single outboard but do realize its not an Albe. I wont miss the roll of the Albe for sure!

HVF21221":1byh4ln5 said:
I wont miss the roll of the Albe for sure!

Only 2 times Ive ever felt a lil ill at sea...1) on bertram 2) on albie

both sharking in a some snot..

IMO, I recommend you get the DV model. Better resale and a better ride.

I've ridden on both the XL and DV and it was an easy decision.

No 25' Parker is going to ride like a 26' Regulator, for a variety of reasons, but you'll get much closer with the DV.

HVF21221":uucdfu8l said:
I am considering a 2520 XL Sport Cabin with single 225 Yam.
This would be the 16 degree deadrise? YES

How much can they handle in the Chesapeake bay in off season bad weather? The 2520 MV will handle 3-4's as long as you are not in a rush.

What is the top end speed? About 40- 42 with a full fuel tank, propped and trimmed correctly.

Cruise speed? She loves 28-30mph and will do it all day long

Fuel burn at cruise? You should get about 2 mpg

If anyone has a similar boat I appreciate any info. I have the 2520 XL SC with a F250.

Thanks, maybe I will become a permenant fixture here if I get her.

i have the boat you're considering. was out in the slop yesterday at the mouth of the potomac and spent close to eight hours there putting about 30 miles on her.......now for the most important part.......had my wife and dog onboard with hardly a complaint, including the rain ...gotta love that cabin. you'll be satisfied.

Back