New Member! Exploring the Great Lakes

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrVagabond

Reaction score
Hello All!

DrVagabond here (my handle on thehulltruth.com). I'm a proud new owner of a 2020 Parker 2520XLD-SC. Her new home will be northern Lake Michigan. Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting some good advice. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions since this is my first "big" boat. I highly doubt that I'll see another Parker up there, so I'm expecting to get a lot of "what kind of boat is that?". I looked all around for years at Pursuits, Grady Whites, Steigers, etc., and I'm satisfied that I got the best boat that I could afford for the purpose I have in mind (50% fishing - 50% island hopping). I'm just really happy with the 2520XLD-SC so far. Any tips about handling it are greatly appreciated.
- DrVagbond

Parker 2520 XDL-SC
Alumacraft T-16XL;

Hello All!

DrVagabond here (my handle on thehulltruth.com). I'm a proud new owner of a 2020 Parker 2520XLD-SC. Her new home will be northern Lake Michigan. Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting some good advice. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions since this is my first "big" boat. I highly doubt that I'll see another Parker up there, so I'm expecting to get a lot of "what kind of boat is that?". I looked all around for years at Pursuits, Grady Whites, Steigers, etc., and I'm satisfied that I got the best boat that I could afford for the purpose I have in mind (50% fishing - 50% island hopping). I'm just really happy with the 2520XLD-SC so far. Any tips about handling it are greatly appreciated.
- DrVagbond

Parker 2520 XDL-SC
Alumacraft T-16XL;
Hey DrVagabond, welcome to ClassicParker... I agree you made a good choice between the other boats you mentioned; a prejudiced opinion, as we too have a 2520 XLD. There's a lot of mostly non-BS, yap-crap conversation here on ClassicParker, and an amazing number of experienced, talented folks who are always willing to help out.... That pilothouse will be a big help extending your boating season in northern climes. It's easy to heat.

Hey DrVagabond, welcome to ClassicParker... I agree you made a good choice between the other boats you mentioned; a prejudiced opinion, as we too have a 2520 XLD. There's a lot of mostly non-BS, yap-crap conversation here on ClassicParker, and an amazing number of experienced, talented folks who are always willing to help out.... That pilothouse will be a big help extending your boating season in northern climes. It's easy to heat.
Thanks, Andy! I will definitely reach out when (not if) I have questions. The season will be upon us in 2.5 months up here, and I've got a million things to get ready yet. Break Out Another Thousand :ROFLMAO: Actually, I do have a bunch of questions already, but I'll post them separately.

Back