New Member saying hello!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith FDNY

Reaction score
Well just wanted to say Hello to all dont have a parker yet but am working on getting 1 for a 1st time boat!!!Any advice?

Welcome to ClassicParker and the ParkerNation. You will find a treasure-trove of information here on the many Parker models and lengths.

Before any advise can be given, you'll need to give us some info. Are you going to be fishing inland lakes and rivers or saltwater estuaries/bays, or offshore in the ocean? Do you have an Admiral and kids who have to be accomodated? Using a bucket instead of a porta-pottie or a head in an enclosed cabin can be a PITA for the Admiral and kiddies. What do you want to do with the boat...mostly fish...cruise and fish...overnight on it once in a while...water sports...etc...?

Dave

aka

Well as you can see my name is Keith!!So i want to purchase a used parker 21"or23" pilot house style.I will be using the boat for fishing,crusing,little tubing and i am going to get certifed for scuba diving as well.The porter potti will only be used for doing #2 and for the other half of relationship!!!!get my drift!!!She just loves to be on water and this will be 1st time boat for me,i will be on the back of boat with rod and reel and she will be on front lip of boat taking the sun!!! I would be using the boat in saltwater in bay area and in ocean if possible,i would def. do overnighter here and there.Thanks for your help with all this!! I am going to goto boat show here in N.Y.C next week to see as well.I just love this pilot style boats.I am in the noereaster part of these storms as well we get hit every year so.Thats why i would like a pilot house keep me out of elements in bad weather when out there and can get the best use of the boat instead of having center console style!!!Thanks again

Welcome aboard Keith and Merry Christmas to you and your flock. My only advice is to go to the shows and talk to the dealer closest to you. You will find Parker dealer are territorial so it's probably best not to get off to a bad start. Then you need to consider if your going to slip this boat or trailer it around. How much can your truck tow? Will the boat fit in your driveway? Will you be boating by yourself often? Lastly, when you settle on a boat you should consider adding two feet before you purchase it. If not, in two years you will be looking to ugrade!!!

In reality though, get the biggest boat you can afford, tow and handle. Take care of her and she will take care of you.

Well i know i would def. like to get a 23" like u said i go 21" will prob. get sick of it 1yr and i think for a 1st time soon to be boat owner 25"will be to big.I will be putting it in a slip,def. not going to trailer it around to much headache here in New York.I will be boating with someone or 2 more people when i go out so not alone on boat,and i have a ford F-150 ext-cab so am sure i can handle getting boat to boat yard.In cold cold months i will take it out and store it.Merry Christmas to you as well as family

Also Keith, if possible take the boat you are interested in on a sea trial first. Bring a few friends with you so you can get a feel how a few people feel on a 21 foot boat. Plus you can get their input as well. Best of luck with your decision and your anticipated purchase.

Back