New to Site; Question re 23 DV CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCT

Reaction score
Great Site! One of the best I have been on.

The 23 DV CC is on my short list. Presently have a 17' Montauk and am looking to move up. Miss the blue water. Live on the gulf side of Fla where we typically venture 30 plus miles off shore. Really like the 23 CC DV. All the boats I have seen have come with a single 225 or 250 4s Yammie.
Question.. Will the bracket be able to handle twin 150 4s? Has anyone seen this set up? If so, how is the ride? If I go w/ the single I will need to rely on the buddy system, which sometimes does not work out too well. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any input. LCT

Welcome. The Armstrong bracket that comes on the 23 DVCC is designed for single engine application only. Besides, an F250 compared to twin F150s will give very similar numbers due to the extra weight of the second motor. Half the maint costs and 3 mpg.

Four stroke reliability, (IF you provide the proper maintenance) is such that I, as well as my fishing buddies routinely fish the FL Middle Ground (100 plus mi one way) without a second thought about Yamaha reliability. It is mostly the weather that keeps us on our toes. Thank goodness for SAT weather radar. A buck a day, can't beat it.

I also carry an extra prop, extra GPS, EPIRB, and a wetsuit. Single engine bluewater fishing is a calculated risk worth taking if properly prepared.

Ah, lest I forget the battery powered Drimmel and cutoff wheel for removing fish hooks from various body parts. Rule # 1 embedded fish hook unless in the eye, is no reason to come home early!

jim

Welcome, always good to have another 23DV fan here. 8)

Years ago, Parker offered 23DV with twins, transom mount. I suppose the bracket leverages motors too far back to run right.

My favorite fishing grounds are 28 miles off the beach. I have fished them for 9 years out of 3 different Parkers all single Yamaha powered. The argument can be made "When's the last time your car (4-stroke) cut off while running" or "Single engine (4-stroke) airplane cut off"?

As "Grouper" touched on, maintaince is important. Take the interest (@5%) on the seven grand you'll save plus the maintaince $'s on the extra 150-4 and you can actually keep the single 250-4 VERY well serviced.

On the other hand, nothing like twin throttles, twin keys, two tachs... :wink:

Thanks guys. I am trying to keep my life simple and the big v-6 would certainly do that. I would venture to say that the majority of my fishing will occur within 40 miles. Perhaps in the summer months when the gags and bigger snapper move further off shore will I need to go further west. I am going to look real hard at the 23 CC DV. IMO, it is was one of the best looking rigs out there, a real classic old school kinda of boat. I am very diligent about maintenance. My present three year old 4 stroke has never let me down.
P.S. The way gas prices are going a single rigged dependable offshore CC will probably make most sense. Thanks again.

Back