New Tower added

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't Trip

Reaction score
Just put this on a couple of weeks ago. Probably going to add Auto pilot and then call it good for this winter's upgrades, maybe trim tabs next.

out

Attachments

• DSC01253.JPG
    DSC01253.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,237
  • DSC01254.JPG
    DSC01254.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,237
  • DSC01255.JPG
    DSC01255.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,237
  • DSC01259.JPG
    DSC01259.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,237
Looks awesome!! Did Bill at mariner enterprises do the work?

What auto pilot are you going with?

Yeah, I got it from Bill @ Mariner, I was going to go with Pacific Yacht Towers until you posted pics of your's, way better that PYT and also way buffer, and a super fair price. I am not sure which auto pilot, I think I am down to the Simrad 16 unit or the other one that is getting great reviews, but it's like $1000.00 more, I can't remember the name. Which one do you have? Does it work good? I mainly want it for trolling and the ride home.

out

How much weight will the roof support? Did the factory roof get reinforced? I'd be afraid my fat arse would go crashing through! Kiddos appear to already be enjoying it though.

Oh I forgot to ask. Is it collapseable? If not what's the towing height on the trailer? The reason I ask is because those wires in one of your pictures look mighty inviting. Thanks again.

The roof is super buff, I beleive they are made for tower additions. Yes it folds down, but ground to tower height is 12'6" so I don't plan on folding down a whole lot.

Don't Trip":1n9hike5 said:
Yeah, I got it from Bill @ Mariner, I was going to go with Pacific Yacht Towers until you posted pics of your's, way better that PYT and also way buffer, and a super fair price. I am not sure which auto pilot, I think I am down to the Simrad 16 unit or the other one that is getting great reviews, but it's like $1000.00 more, I can't remember the name. Which one do you have? Does it work good? I mainly want it for trolling and the ride home.

out

Cool. I just realized that your "fathomthis" on BD.

I have the raymarine st6001g. When it works it's awesome. Unfortunately from time to time it will lose location and the boat will pull hard to the left or right. As long as I'm at the helm it's no problem, but when I am on deck it's no bueno.

Brian

Yeah, what up man? fathomthis was the name of my last Parker. I mainly lurk over on BD, way too much drama, especially in the winter. I just want to catch fish, not partake in internet squabbles and nonsense.
Thats's crazy that your boat will do that, do you use the autopilot at higher speeds, I really want it for the ride home, I'll still sit in the chair, but when you have to knock down 50 to 70 miles over 2 or 3 hours, I think it might be nice to not have to constanly steer.

out

I try not to partake in the BS over there. I just stick to the fishing and boating stuff.

I do run my auto pilot at higher speeds as long as I am at the helm. When I am running at night (usually around 15 knts) I always have the auto pilot on. I tend to get off course very easy without it. It seems to always work fine at night.

I have heard nothing but good things about simrad auto pilots.

Back