New York to Virginia

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerf

Reaction score
Hey Danielb, The only one I have any first hand experience with is The Boatel at Lynnhaven. It is a dry storage inside rack arrangement in Va.Beach and with a call they will have your boat in the water waiting for you. There is also a ships store, maintenance / repair and full service dealer right there. They have racks to perform your own washing and maintenance as well. Look up Lynnhaven Marine on the internet and click on their Boatel link. Or call them at (757) 481-0700.
I also hear good things about Little Creek Marina in Norfolk they have wet and dry slips I believe .phone (757) 362-3600
And there are lots of others, search "marinas in Hampton Roads Va" or Norfolk, Va. Beach , etc...
Im sure you can find something to your liking, and welcome to the area ! December Striper fishing has been pretty hot the last few years hopefully you will be just in time.
Norfolk Marine is the local Parker dealer and they are great to deal with.
There are a lot of northern transplants down here, my wifes family is from Valleystream, Im sure you will fit right in.

Roger

In Norfolk, there is Little Creek Marina and Vinings Landing Marina. They are both located in Little Creek (across the inlet from each other) and are both owned by Vinings Marine. There is a price difference between the 2 marinas. They offer both slips and dry storage. It is a quick trip to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel from there. I currently am in Vinings and have been pleased with their service.

Joe

http://www.viningslanding.com/
http://www.littlecreekmarina.com/

Welcome to the area Daniel! :)
You are going to love fishing the CBBT area.

Besides the bridge structure, you have numerous areas to fish all year long that are both in the Bay, and just outside the bridge in the Ocean.
Lots of opportunities, and lots of species all year round.

Being in Great Bridge/Chesapeake isn't horrible, but if you'd like to be closer to the action, take the advice of the other members and scope out their suggestions.
Lots of places to wet and dry slip in that area.

Your boat's new home is within 1 mile of the best speckled trout fishing around! Two more weeks and you'll see a ton of fishermen targeting them right there in the waterway and North to the highrise bridge. I'll be one of them! That fishery lasts pretty much until spring due to the "Hot Ditch" up the river.

Kinda funny, I was on another forum and one of the posts made me think there was a ramp at Top Rack. I called them to inquire about the ramp's use and was told they didn't have one. I trailer my boat all over to cover my inshore/ light tackle fishing so yearly dry-storage really doesn't work but may be an option for certain months to cover the prime speckle fishing. Anyway, your name came up when I said I had seen your post about moving to the facility. Brian said "Dan, yeah he just came in." Small world? :)

Megabyte":2dz3ex9z said:
Welcome to the area Daniel! :)
You are going to love fishing the CBBT area.

Besides the bridge structure, you have numerous areas to fish all year long that are both in the Bay, and just outside the bridge in the Ocean.
Lots of opportunities, and lots of species all year round.

Being in Great Bridge/Chesapeake isn't horrible, but if you'd like to be closer to the action, take the advice of the other members and scope out their suggestions.
Lots of places to wet and dry slip in that area.

See you down there in a few years. I've purchased a lot in Williamsburg and will probably wet-slip in Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base.

Dave

aka

Tidalfish (Virginia Angler) is a good forum. Some of the guys are very tight-lipped especially when it comes to the speck fishing but most are helpful. There is a small bait shop (Greg's Bait Shack, Portsmouth VA) within 15 miles of the marina. Unlike most, the owner is very helpful when it comes to sharing info. I grew up on the waterway just a few miles up from the marina and was operating my first boat there at 12 years old. The fishing, crabbing and trapping is great!

Back