Newbe thinking about a 1997 Parker Pilot House 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeloew1

Reaction score
Hi all, I just sold my 2005 Pro Line 24' today and I have been eyeing up a 1997 Parker Pilot House 2520 with a 250 Yamaha. My wife thinks they are ugly :roll: I think they look great. I will be using the boat in the Keys and have some questions that maybe some owners could answer. Heat buildup in the pilot house? Has anyone put airconditioning in the house. The reason I ask is my wife usually fishes with me as we have a second home in the Keys, I live full time in Wisconsin on Lake Michigan. She complains about the heat after being out all day :D I have seen some small AC units that will run on an inverter without a generator. Also is this boat under powered with a single 250? I dont know much about the 97 Yamaha 250 it has 400 hours on it. My Pro Line had a 225 Honda and I am really going to miss that engine. I have read lots of comments on good VS bad ride on Parkers so I am trying to do some homework before I fly across the country to sea trial it. I would love to hear any comments on the 1997 Parker Pilot House 2520 from owners. Thanks and sorry about the questions. But finding out first is always a good thing. Also I dont know what the hull is yet ,if its a deep V or mod V. The owner does not even know.

Well, even though mine is a bit new than that it's basically still the same boat. I love my pilothouse winter and summer. Even in the heat of summer here in So. Cal it never gets that warm in the PH. I open the side and forward windows to circulate air and it's actually quite comfortable to me. If I had an AC unit onboard I don't think I would ever use it. I'm sure it's a bit hotter with more humidity down your way but the Parker is a great boat no matter where you use it. For info, I have an 07 2520 XLD with twin 150's. My .02.

RandMadeRods, you can search on the forum as there are some that put them in the hatch in the vee and there is at least one that has a roof mount.

You should add a fan or two for FL, 12 volt. Is important to have the at least the pilot side bow window hinged.

I have an IO '96 2530, use it in MA and the plus is it can be cooler in full sun. I have the deep vee. You can look up on the ride too, they pound in head seas and quartering otherwise they run well. You manage the speed.

Send me an email too, I am moving to WI in July. [email protected]

Dana

Mike,

My 1996 2520 is an MV and I would bet that 1997 model is too.
One way to tell... if she has a single lifting strake on the hull, she is an MV.
If she has two, she is a DV.

FWIW - This is how I keep cool in the heat.

Image-0B03138559B911DC.jpg

Honestly, the pilothouse is the coolest place on the boat in the summer sun. :wink:

My brother in law and I installed a RV A/C on the roof of the pilothouse (BIL did most of the work). His son in law, an electrical engineer, did the wiring. We use a Honda e200i to power it. It has gotten good use in the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida. On the hook we shut the door on the house to stay cool and keep the noseeums and barracuda gnats out.

I strongly recommend redundant CO2 detectors in the house as well as a trolling motor GFP at the gennie.

Back