No reason to Upgrade.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gimme Shelter

Reaction score
No reason to upgrade...according to the marina, I have a 32ft boat.

Just received a rate increase from the marina citing they will be charging for overall length instead of the stated 2520XL on my pilothouse. This is standard procedure in this area but ouch...that hurts with really no alternatives for dockage.

Question for the fine folks on the forum..Has anyone measured from the tip of the pulpit to the back of the engine on a 2520? Just curious on the measurement. The marina said they would re-measure; however, I know that 32ft is probably close to the number.

Thanks in advance

Steven

Sounds about right. My previous marina charged me for 32 feet for winter storage on the hard. They counted from the hitch on the trailer to the back of the motor on the bracket. The hitch sticks out about 1 foot more that the tip of the bowsprit.

I was charged 31ft for my 2320 sport cabin at a marina in 2003
They measured from the outside edge of the pulpit to the blades of the motor when tipped up !
I'm now paying for 28 ft at my present marina

I asked for that same measurement (tip of pulpit to back of motor on bracket) from Parker for my 2520XL and was given the 32' answer from Robin Parker.

Back