Noodling for catfish anyone?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOut

Reaction score
It's Just a Catfish!

Here's why sissies use fishing poles

For all those crazy guys who go 'noodling' for catfish and stick their arms down the fish's throat!!

This would be 'all the catfish you can eat.'

Each year, a few people were drowning or disappearing mysteriously in Huadu's Furong Reservoir (S. E. Asia).

It was not until recently, when the son of a government official went swimming in the reservoir and was drowned, that the secret was revealed..

It is a 3 metre long man-eating catfish whose head alone is 1 metre wide! After cutting up the catfish, people were surprised to find the remains of another man inside!

Swimming in the reservoir is now forbidden because it is feared another similar man-eating catfish is still lurking in the waters

Attachments

• Cat 1.jpg
    Cat 1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Cat2.jpg
    Cat2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 213
whale-shark.jpg

gray duck":2iwohcy7 said:
I'm no expert but that looks very similar to a whale shark? Is this some urban legend?

I agree with you -- it looks like a whale shark. They are plankton eaters. I think the story is a myth.

Heck I dont want something that big on the end of my pole let alone try to catch it by hand :shock:

For those of you who thought it was a whale shark, you are right. Don't know if any of you are familiar with a website, "snopes.com"? Snopes is a website that confirms or proves wrong many urban legends, stories associated with pictures, as well as pictures that may or may not have been altered.

I wouldn't worry about any man eating catfish!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/giantcatfish.asp

I am presently in Columbia SA. The locals talk about Catfish that are over 120 pounds residing in the rivers. They fish for them using live bait (small fish about 12 inches long) on 6 inch hooks attached to 1/2 inch rope. It is a different world

I am presently in Columbia SA. The locals talk about Catfish that are over 120 pounds residing in the rivers. They fish for them using live bait (small fish about 12 inches long) on 6 inch hooks attached to 1/2 inch rope. It is a different world

Back