Organized storage inside 23SE Center Cosnole?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djw1

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had ideas of ways to organize some storage inside the console?

I was thinking of just getting some strap/pad eyes, bungees and some milk crates....for dock lines, life jackets, spare anchor, 1st aid kit, tool box, tackle etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated before i begin this project!

I have re arranged mine at least a half dozen times since January and will probably do it another half dozen more times before I'm happy with it. I keep adding "stuff" and moving it from one place to another. Now I have a T-Top and will move the life jackets up to it and that will give me more room in the console to put more "stuff" :D

I have a basic tool box from the previous boat, it is probably 12"x12"x2", it lays flat on the floor, then I currently have 4 Type I PFD's, 2 Type 4 PFD's, large orange waterproof box with prop tools and spare fuel keys, first aid kit, ditch bag with needed supplies, flare kit, and a couple of other items.

Something like milk crates is probably the easiest for removing items and keeping them contained. But the console access door on my 2004 23SE is not large enough. So.....

I'd like to add a larger door to the side of the console so I can lean all the way inside and then create a grid system to hold my belongings. I was thinking about using some starboard and notching them to create a storage system. Maybe attach some 3m hooks or industrial strength Velcro to hang or hold some items.

Uncle Matt":yqbwozpv said:
Something like milk crates is probably the easiest for removing items and keeping them contained. But the console access door on my 2004 23SE is not large enough. So.....

Large enough for what? Getting the crate through the door or too large for the space inside the console? Reason I ask is because they make those collapsible milk crate looking things that make it easier to get in tight spots and then you can open it up !!

I'm a good sized guy :p and I have trouble getting inside the door and reaching anything on the far side inside the console. So, I'll simply make the console door larger. Once I do that, I will be able to use either 5 gallon buckets or milk crates etc to hold everything. I'll probably add some flooring protector to keep everything from pounding and to allow some air underneath.

When I had a 23 SE, I used two large coolers tied into the bow area as dry storage and additional seating capacity. By getting life jackets and spare lines out of the console, I could keep 12 two-piece spinning rods, a large tackle box, rubbermaid tackle storage bin, toolbox, spare gallon of oil, plus the two cushions for the front console seat inside the console.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1395.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1395.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 672
Still learning less is more for stuff on the boat. I used the locking type suction cups on the glass for the window (not sure if you have this lay out) to hang rain gear. If you have a smooth surface these locking suction cups could be use to hang lines/jackets too. I have fiber glassed in a 1/2 plywood sheet inside the console to mount the DSM's to. Works great no holes in console!. For storage on flat areas inside the console I use non slip rug mats and place clear rubbermaid/tupperware boxes on the mats. I can see whats inside pull out and put away EZ. For lines I use an old duffle bag, (built in air holes) :) all in one place and can through it any where.

I made a cedar floor mat for inside my console. It is two pieces and is made out of cedar slats. Just keeps everything 3/4 inch off the floor and lets the air circulate to keep out the mildew.

I also built a plywood box with lid that drops down in from the front console access. I put a divider in it and it holds 8 plano boxes on one side and the other side holds larger items (spools etc).

Also, I thru bolted 6 hanging hooks on the inside of the console, right about where the front seat cushion for your back is. In fact the front seat cushion covers the nuts and washers. These hooks are great to hang things like flashlights, drag scale, boga, etc etc.

I think the storage is pretty darn good on these consoles. I hope they don't go entirely to the consoles with the bathroom inside them.

Inside my console I have done the following:

1) Installed a 'coat rack' .. long strip of starboard with a few hooks to hang dock lines, PFDs, etc. that is mounted on the forward wall / front of the console.

2) Took some scrap starboard, roughly in the shape of a "T". I put a milk crate in the console, against the side with the door and as far aft as possible, then screwed in the starboard "T" to the floor so that it held the forward starboard corner of the crate in place. Then I put in another milk crate, just forward of the other one and using the other side of the "T" to hold one side in place, and another piece of starboard on the forward/starboard side to keep it from sliding forward.

It turned out that the long part of the "T" is roughly where the port deck light is mounted inside the console, which keeps the milk crates from banging into the back side of the light.

3) An orange waterproof box goes in the far starboard/aft corner between the far side of the console and the rigging tube access. The box holds tools, spare parts, etc.

4) I have one of those ACR ditch bags that rests against the front of the orange box and the rigging tube, and a couple of fenders that I have lying in front of them.

I've been happy with the setup, things I need frequently are easy to get in the milk crates -- spare dock lines are hanging from the hooks. Things I don't need like fenders, the tool box and the ditch bag are still easy to get access to, but a bit of a stretch to reach. Everything is pretty secure and doesn't bang or slide around.

-- Tom

Back