Parker 2110

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthnut

Reaction score
I have the pleasure of being able to purchase a Parker 2110...Actually I have 2 of them offered to me ...One has a 150 2 stroke that you have to mix the oil with the gas....The other is a 200 2 stroke w/oil injection ....I went with the 200 as I don't want the hassle of trying to drain mixed fuel if I don't use it all ...I can syphon the gas from the 200 and use it in my car so it won't go to waste ...I put in an offer on the 200....If it's not accepted and I have to go with the 150 , will the 150 push this boat OK ?.... I love the layout of the boat , and I've already heard the 150 run ...It's got very low hrs ...Also, what kind of fuel numbers can I expect from these motors ...The 150 is a 1998 Saltwater II and the 200 is a 1999 Saltwater II ...Thanks, Jim

Wonder why the 150 Yamaha SS II does not have working oil injection?

As I remember, the only models of that late manufacture w/o oil injection were commercial models sold as C-150's.

The 21cc Parkers run fine with 150's, with the weight of w/a cabins, I would prefer the 200. Figure about 2mpg.

Very nice boat!

FishFactory,
Thanks for the reply ...The gentleman that own's the boat said that the dealer he bought it from told him that he did not trust the oil injection system from Yamaha, and that he would rather not have any burnt up engines coming back to him ....Funny thing is , the boat that I looked at with the 200hp oil injected motor , was of the same year, and came from the same dealer !!.... Like all dealers, the best motor for the boat is the one that they're selling ... :wink: ..... I have a smaller boat that I have to mix the oil and gas together on ...I don't like having to do this as I can't use the unused gas for anything else .... Do you know if Yamaha had any problems with oil injection back in those years ( 98-99 ) ??....Thanks again , Jim

synthnut":2g847rqf said:
Do you know if Yamaha had any problems with oil injection back in those years ( 98-99 ) ??

I've never heard of any oil injection problems ever on any OX66.
Those motors are some of the most reliable outboards ever built.

It is curious that the 150 is being run as a premix... I've never heard of someone doing that with an OX66.

I would not own one with a 150 hp engine, way under powered unless you run solo or only one other person and very little gear. I have a 2110 with a 225 hp on it and it is fine but with gear, people, ice, baits, etc. I wouldn't have less hp.

JWL,
I was thinking the same thing ( More HP ) ...... This may be a 21 ft boat, but it's a deep V and heavy....Thanks for the confirmation...Jim

Megabyte...The motors in question are not OX66's ....They're Saltwater II's...Thanks, Jim

Esteemed fellow Parker owner:
I have a 2110 with a 200hp OX-66 and it tops out at abouit 43 mph refgardless of how I'm loaded. The OX-66 has a computer in it that will shut the engine down and s it if the oil injection goes up. I know first hand cause my computer went up just after the warrenty period was expired. Cost me $1500 to have it replaced, but; it did save the powerhead. A 150 will push the boat, but; I glad I went for the 200.

Graybeard,
The boat that I put a bid in on ( it's on consignment at a dealer ) has the 200 hp oil injected motor ....The boat is also more full featured than the other 150 hp 2110 that I looked at ... Funny how the 2120 is as close as you could find to the 2110, and most of those I have seen rigged with 150 hp motors ...I guess it keeps the cost down so folks can afford them ... I'm really excited about getting the 2110 ... After looking around , the layout affords a nice little fishing boat with a surprising amount of room both in the cabin and the deck ... Come on Spring !!....Jim

The reason the puny little 150's are installed on the boat is to keep the cost down thereby making the boat more afforable for more people. A good rule of thumb for any boat, IMO, is to power it with no less than 75% of the max rated hp. 80% would be even better if possible. My belief is, I may not need all of the available power, in fact I rarely do as I fish the Gulf of Mexico wher the short wave duration makes running at any great speed uncomfortable, but when I need the power I want it available.

JWL,
I agree....Not to mention that I'm sure that running at lower RPM's to get the same MPH will yield me better fuel numbers too , even though the HP rating is higher ... One thing I have noticed is that the owners of these early to mid 90's Parker's , are still running the original Yamaha motors that they bought them with ....There are more boats with original motors than repowered ones .... That speaks LOUD for the longevity of those early Yammi's !.... I'd sure like to see someone up north selling a 2110 w/a 200 Optimax !!... That would surely be a nice setup !!....Jim

synthnut":3ibvsv9e said:
JWL,
One thing I have noticed is that the owners of these early to mid 90's Parker's , are still running the original Yamaha motors that they bought them with ....There are more boats with original motors than repowered ones .... That speaks LOUD for the longevity of those early Yammi's Jim

"...still running the original Yamaha motors..."

Bingo! :wink:

I don't have a problem with the quality of Yamaha, with the exception of the 250 HPDI, but I have a 225 Evinrude Ficht and my engine has be flawless for the eight years I have owned it.

JWL,
Those FICHT's have a story all to themselves.....I'm not gonna touch that one with a 20 foot outrigger !!!...... :lol: .....Is your FICHT a 2002 or newer ? ....

I have to say that when I went to look at one of the 2110's that I was interested in ( the one with the 150 hp SWSII ) the motor was fogged for the Winter, and the owner just charged the batteries on the boat ....He hit the key, and without hardly any hesitation, the motor started ....I was simply AMAZED !!....The Merc that I have on my present boat would NEVER , EVER , start like that , never mind being fogged !!... When I went to see the other boat from the dealer, he said that this is the way most Yamaha's start, that they were built to tighter tolerances ....I'm not an expert by any means , but this little 150 was one tight little motor , and very impressive ....Now if it were only 200 hp I'd be in business...Jim

JWL ,
Sorry for the double post ....Something is screwy with posting ??????

Sorry too for my bad math skills ...I realized that you have the engine for 8 yrs and it's now 2007 .......DUH !!!.....I'll get it together yet !!....Jim

Back