Parker 23' and 25' CC person capacities

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesTX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just curious, I have got a rather large family :)

What am I looking at for the coast guard ratings for numbers (not weight) for each of the 23' and 25' center consoles? I am not seeing this on the Parker website anywhere.

Thanks!

On my 2520 there is a sticker on the inside of the transom of the middle that lists the number of passengers. People must have been alot thinner in 2001 because it lists twelve. The sticker also says its a 2520MV although its a dv.

12 people on a 2530 dv. Although isnt it something over 21 feet those stickers arent really necessary? I have had 19 on board before...several times. thanks god for trim tabs and twin 225s

On my 25SE I believe the Coast Guard sticker says 12 passengers or 1830 pounds. :wink:

My 23SE sticker list 8. While I rarely have 8, it still seems low. I think I have mentioned this before. Can someone direct me to the guidelines that state anything over 21' does not follow the recommended sticker?

23dv

pre 2007 = 9
2007 and later = 6

the weight of the average person changed effective 2007 and therefore the reduction on the placard. Doesn't it say "OR" a certain amount of weight.

that could be about 4 NFL footlball players, or maybe 15 kids, or 9 with a mix of kids and adults. bring a scale...... :shock: :p

2008 23CCDV 10 people per yellow plac. OK everybody cast now :lol:

grouperjim":xi2mw5xv said:
23dv

pre 2007 = 9
2007 and later = 6

the weight of the average person changed effective 2007 and therefore the reduction on the placard. ...

That would be after the water taxi tipped over in Baltimore Harbor. They finally figured out that the average American weighed about 30% more than when the boat was built. Airlines are having the same problem...people are a lot wider than they were in 1950 when the commercial airline business took off.

My 2510 sticker says '12' but I've never been able to have more than 6 on board (comfortably). I only ever invite up to 3 other fishermen to fish with me. Only time I break 4 is on the 4th of July when we are eating, drinking, grilling, and watching fireworks.

Dave

aka

I think my 2004 23SE says either 10 or 11, believe it or not. I know there was a change in how per-person wieght is to be calculated, and the capacity plates for all boats dropped. I'm pretty sure the new 23SEs list 8.

Back