PARKER 23 SE LIVE-WELL FOR FRESH WATER MOTOR FLUSH USING WASH DOWN PUMP / QUESTIONS

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Using livewell for fresh water tank at mooring with above deck garden hose for supply to wash down pump. Will place an easy under stern seat y-valve to divert suction from through hull to above deck garden hose to livewell for suction with pump output hose to engine block water flush cowl fitting.

I will need to plug the standpipe drain in livewell. Where is a straight threaded plug available/ local marine store does not have,

does this seem to be a reasonable at mooring solution for motor flush w salt away and fresh water. Easier than mounting 40 gal. Tank in center console. Any tips appreciated. Washdown pump -flow jet 3.5 gal per minute will provide an 11 min flush.

thanks

Charles in Maine

Charles you are really working this. You do realize, most boats on a mooring don't get flushed until the end of the season. There is no easy answer to what you are wanting to do unless the boat that picks you up from the mooring, to take you in, has a 300 gallon water tank to flush your engine.

Couple things I would ponder: Where are you getting the 40 gallons of fresh water? I guess you could fill up while you're out but how much time does that take from each boat trip? And a 3.5 gpm pump might not have the psi you're wanting for engine flush so is there any way to test this before you commit to the project? I had a 3.5 and used it to flush for a bit, but couldn't ever get the telltale to pee so I ended up changing pumps. I have older outboards and I think the newer ones have even more complicated/longer cooling passages to flush. If this ends up with 3.5 not being enough, I'd just add a stronger pump to the livewell drain and do your idea of a Y valve so it can still be functional as a livewell too.

But back to the standpipe....You're wanting to remove the standpipe and plug it? Or leave it in and plug the fitting it goes into?

If you're pulling the pipe can you take it to home depot and see if anything pvc matches? If not, then Google snap drain plug and see if that might work.

And also google swimming pool winter plug.

If you're pipe seals pretty well, can you leave the pipe in and just put a balloon or something over the top of it to seal it? or cut the pipe and add a pvc valve to it?
1682096791167.png

Back