Parker colored Starboard?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get the same color starboard that Parker uses?
I have an idea for a project. Would prefer not to buy a whole sheet (4x8).
Thanks in advance.

Great question! I don't know if any of us for certain has ever asked Parker 'which' marine HDPE they use. You have 2 choices.

King Starboard sells Starboard in a color called 'sanshade' which looks like this:

starboard-sanshade.jpg

Compression Polymers has Seaboard in a color called 'sand' which looks like this:

searayhatch_l.jpg

First find out what Parker uses and puuuuleeeze TELL us!

Then find a plastics distributor near you. I use to be able to buy cut-offs and less than full sheets (54" x 96" - $270) from them on the cheap, but they've gone out of business :(

FWIW one can usually find Seaboard at 1/2 to 2/3rds the price of King Starboard. Same stuff, unless you're a molecular chemist ;) , then you might find a difference. FYI - Seaboard can als be had eith a non-skid feature molded in!

I thought I had an email from a few years back from Robin that stated Parker used the "seafoam" colored King Starboard brand. I can't seem to find it!

jpg1969":meq2rspt said:
I thought I had an email from a few years back from Robin that stated Parker used the "seafoam" colored King Starboard brand. I can't seem to find it!
Doh! I missed that color in the chart I pulled up, here it is:

358051165.jpg

I ran into a piece of Star Board at the local West Marine. It was on sale for over half price as it looked like it had been in the store for a while. It is 1/2" Seafoam color. It is not the same as the baitwell hatches from Parker but it matches the gelcoat beautifully. Check it out.

StarBoard.jpg

I have often thought my fishbox lid had faded "pink" and had matched the gelcoat when new. After seeing your pic, I'm pretty sure the lid did match initally, and has changed color over time. My boat is also an'03 and always sits outside.

I think you are right the starboard is originally the same as the gelcoat but changes over time. Here is my ? and I chatted with Bryan about this. I have the 2310 full tansom and I saw his photo there with the rod holder in the fish box @ the transom. I have alwasy though about putting a rod holder somewhere there and had though about mounting trasom holders but would rather not put another hole back there if it can be avoided. I like the idea of putting one in the center like he has in the picture shown. Problem for me is the measurements of that middle piece on the 2310 do not provide adequate room to allow for the OD of all rodholders I have seen. The measurement on my boat is 3" and smallest OD rod holder I have found in 3.25". Here's what I am thinking of doing,,,,buying a piece of starboard, making it 4" to accomodate a holder and cutting down the fish box doors to make the change. Bryan mentioned this boat is new to him and had never used this holder. I am thinking a 90 degreeg holder with backing plate and possibly doing something else to strengthen this with everyting apart. You guys have done some amazing work/projects, let me know you thoughts and ideas on this. Thanks

What is the purpose of the center rod holder? If it is to be a flatline in the propwash, try this...

Put rod in center rocket launcher in hardtop (assuming you have a hardtop). Run line to release clip which is attached to app. 2' of heavy mono, which is attached to "eye" held in place by screws that hold rub-rail on (in center of transom). Works on my T-Top.

If it is for rod storage, there are several nice transom mount rod holders available.

Starboard is not structural. That is, the strain of trolling a rod mounted in starboard will distort it. Leave your fishbox open a day or two and notice it no longer fits (loses its' "curve") when you close it.

That rod holder is basically a good place for the bait board. I believe it is a 30 degree rod holder. A 90 would hit the bottom of the well. I would say go fo it.

I measured the depth to be 12" in the well and 10.5 in the holder. I'll wait till they arrive to see what I can rig! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back