Parker News Release Nov 2020

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL... you are obviously not a shooter. Or maybe just too young. Nothing to do with boats. The ownership of Winchester Firearms changed about 1970. The rifles built prior to that have a cult following. Still.
I wish I was young as you incorrectly assumed ☺. I have been an avid shooter since the 1950's, and still am. I have two Winchesters in my collection; got my first deer with a pre-1970's Winchester 3030. But when I see 'Winchester' mentioned in a boating forum, I'm thinking 'boats', not guns. Maybe that's an 'old-folks' thingy on my part.... Winchester Boat Company, Greenville NC, started building Grady-White 'knock-offs' in the 1970's. (hence my confusion with your reference to 70's Winchesters)They 'borrowed' the design of numerous Grady's (made molds from used Grady hulls). They eventually moved their business to near Stokes NC. Many of the Winchesters are still in use today floating around eastern NC. I was 'involved' with them through utility/energy conservation issues, helping them lower their energy costs. A lot of folks were surprised Eddy Smith (Grady-White) didn't take legal action against them. My guess is he had bigger fish to fry.

Last edited:
I wish I was young as you incorrectly assumed ☺. I have been an avid shooter since the 1950's, and still am. I have two Winchesters in my collection; got my first deer with a pre-1970's Winchester 3030. But when I see 'Winchester' mentioned in a boating forum, I'm thinking 'boats', not guns. Maybe that's an 'old-folks' thingy on my part.... Winchester Boat Company, Greenville NC, started building Grady-White 'knock-offs' on the 1970's. They 'borrowed' the design of numerous Grady's (made molds from used Grady hulls). They eventually moved their business to near Stokes NC. Many of the Winchesters are still in use today floating around eastern NC. I was 'involved' with them through utility/energy conservation issues, helping them lower their energy costs. A lot of folks were surprised Eddy Smith (Grady-White) didn't take legal action against them. My guess is he had bigger fish to fry.
You are very knowledgeable about this. I’m 59 , and I remember my dads first River Ox Skiff. They were built in Greenville area also. The first ones where very heavy duty built.

You are very knowledgeable about this. I’m 59 , and I remember my dads first River Ox Skiff. They were built in Greenville area also. The first ones where very heavy duty built.
The River Ox, Sea Ox and Sea Cat (later World Cat) boats were first built by North American Fiberglass in Greenville NC by Graham Flanagan. (rip 2014). Graham was an amazing person; loved boats! I was also 'involved' with Graham and North American Fiberglass it the same capacity that I was involved with Winchester Boats. I was invited (with dozens of others) to attend a 'demonstration' when he hoisted, with a crane, one of his boat hulls (I believe a 20'? 23'?). They raised it about 20 feet in the air, and dropped it on the concrete pad/driveway. The concrete cracked; the boat got gel-coat smears. There was no structural damage.
I hear there are a couple other companies still making boats with Sea Ox and River Ox molds.

Last edited:
The River Ox, Sea Ox and Sea Cat (later World Cat) boats were first built by North American Fiberglass in Greenville NC by Graham Flanagan. (rip 2014). Graham was an amazing person; loved boat! I was also 'involved' with Graham and North American Fiberglass at the same capacity that I was involved with Winchester Boats. I was invited (with dozens of others) to attend a 'demonstration' when he hoisted, with a crane ,one of his boat hulls (I believe a 23'). They raised it 20 feet in the air, and dropped it on the concrete driveway. The concrete cracked; the boat got a gel-coat smear. There was no structural damage.
I hear there are a couple other companies still making boats with Sea Ox and River Ox molds.
I believe the Cape Classic boats , built by Maycraft use the old Sea Ox molds. The “New Sea Ox” boats are not the same hull as the old ones for sure. I installed the Fire/security alarm system at World Class Cat. So I visit that facility sometimes.

LOL... you are obviously not a shooter. Or maybe just too young. Nothing to do with boats. The ownership of Winchester Firearms changed about 1970. The rifles built prior to that have a cult following. Still.

Most shooters actually want pre-64 Winchesters. In 64 they stopped using the controlled round feed mechanism and went to a pushed feed mechanism along with other "lower quality" machining processes and cheaper components.

Back