Parker "Tinette"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Reaction score
Here’s one of my recent project—a tiny dinette. I have owned this boat for about 8 years and I’d either have to hold the food to eat or stand up and put the food on the chair. Now I can have a “proper” meal...

The project consists of a $10 cutting board from Target, $12 75lb under the counter keyboard slides from Lowes, and a piece of scrap teak. If the microwave wasn’t there, I would have made one the width of the dash for some serious real estate. Parker will probably come out with a “$1200 option” of this idea soon. If so, I bequeath the royalties to CP...

Attachments

• Img_0272.jpg
    Img_0272.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 968
  • Img_0271.jpg
    Img_0271.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 968
Great Idea Phil! :lol: :lol: Another super example of the "out-of-the-box" thinking that our ClassicParker Membership is famous for. 8) 8)

Is it because Parkers have nooks and crannies that are infinitely customizable, or is it because Parkers attract owners that love to "tinker"? :wink:

It's also a great example of why we have (so far) resisted the urge to break the forums up into individual Model groups (25, 23 etc) Here is a fine example of a project that has adaptability across almost all Parker PH models.

Did you attach some kind of latch to keep the unit from sliding out during a rough trip?

The slides have plastic tabs that act as détentes in the open and close positions. I’ll see how it works in rough seas and modify accordingly. Unlike the European slides which slide easily but have a lot of play, these slides are firmer and have very little slop. They rate at 75lbs and the whole thing weighs about 2 lbs so there is plenty of leeway.

cbigma":1kr5zbvw said:
Is it because Parkers have nooks and crannies that are infinitely customizable, or is it because Parkers attract owners that love to "tinker"? :wink:

I believe that it is both! :D

Back