Pennzoil XLF deal at AutoZone

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannonigans

Reaction score
. . . ..after reading a bunch of posts about oil and older carbureted 2 strokes. ...I decided to give Pennzoil XLF a try this year. If any one else uses it. ....AutoZone has a pretty good deal going on right now. Free shipping plus 20% off orders over $100 dollars using code MARCH20. . . . ..so if I order 6 (1)gallon jugs it will be delivered to my door for $18 a gallon.. ....considerably less than what I pay for Yamalube 2M.. ...

Good to know! I need to check them out.

Understand though that even Yamalube is a 'semi-synthetic blend'.
Penzoil sells an identical semi-synthetic marine blend, which is a good thing.
My guess is that is what AutoZone is selling.

For the past 11 years I have been using Penzoil full synthetic (not their semi-syn).
No smoke and no issues ever in my 1997 OX66 with the full synthetic.
It costs more than the semi-syn, but I won't use anything else in this motor.

Do you know if AutoZone carries the full synthetic?

. . ...the only ones they had on the website was the XLF and Pennzoil Premium. . .both synthetic blends. Not sure if different areas would carry it?? I had to stop by Boats Inc. (local dealer) for some odds and ends today and I asked if there is a discount if I buy the oil by the case. . ...there isn't. They keep their pricing really low on the oil though.. ..It's $29 +tax per gallon. ....or if I buy the 2.5 gallon cases it comes out to be $28/gallon tax included. I'm still going to try the Pennzoil.

walmart online regular price is 19.95 its 36 at west marine for xlf penzoil

. . . .12 gallons at my doorstep today! Now if only I didn't have a refuel at work that's gonna last until the middle of May :roll:

2015 UPDATE

. . ...just an FYI. ....Autozone is doing the same deal again this year for March. The Pennzoil XLF with $2 off/gallon. I ran it all last year (older carb 2 stroke) with no issues. I don't keep close track of fuel consumption and sorts. ...but she seemed just as happy with the Pennzoil.. . ..and if she's running and happy. . ..I'm happy.

Does the Auto Zone offer include the full synthetic oil as well as the semi syn?

Back