Pilot house Rug Project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
Well I decided this year to put rug on the floor in the pilot house. Over the past few years i have just bought the cheap rug runners and pieced them in there which worked fine, but looking at some project posts on here from guys that have done the whole floor made me want to do it right this year.
I started by making a template on the surface area of the floor. This is a real PITA to cut around the seat bases and to make sure all the edges were straight and followed the contour of the boat. I got some advice from HOTPURSUIT (which was much appreciated) on how to best make the template.
After I got it to my liking I brought the template down to a local rug shop where he traced it out and cut it.
I was not overly confident in my template and was sweating the hole project on the ride from the rug shop back to the boat. but to my surprise the rug fit PERFECTLY and I am pleased with the way it came out. The rug only cost me 40$ and in a few years when it gets worn I know I have a good template to have a new one cut that I am confident in.
Few pictures below, excuse the mess I got a bunch of projects going on at the moment.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 551
  • unnamed 2.jpg
    unnamed 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 552
  • unnamed 3.jpg
    unnamed 3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 552
  • unnamed 4.jpg
    unnamed 4.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 552
Yu don't really need the slit for the post, you could slip it over the top when the seat is off.

Nice Job, I was going to PM you to see how you made out.. :oops: Im the one who told him to put the slit in it. I did mine that way so I can remove it to shake it out or wash it without a lot of trouble

Mike no worries about the slit, I thought about it both ways and decided to to go with it rather then dealing with the seat when I wana take it out. When its mended together you dont even know its there.
If for some reason I dont like it the next one I have cut I will have it with out.

Back