Please Update Your Profile W/New "Boat Type" Featu

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
TomS just went to the trouble to create this nice feature. The anouncement is in the "Issues/Ideas" area but doesn't seem to get posted to (and possibly visited) much. So please take advantage of this new feature and update your profile with your boat type. It takes only 10 or so seconds to change. The more members that update it will make the feature more useful. I believe if you don't select a boat-type, it will assign your boat as "OTHER", as if it were a non-Parker. I see 25's are ahead of the pack, with 21's and 23's currently being tied. I suspect there has to be more than 3 1801's? The great part about this sorting is that it groups together all 25's, 23's, 21's & 18's by their length.

The new feature allows you to sort by boat type (from the "MEMBER LIST") and if you choose "descending" it will start with the owners that listed boat types instead of over 1000 member listings that left it blank. Read Tom's announcement regarding this new feature in the "Issues" section for the details. I think it's a great new feature. As of now only 26 or so members selected their boat types.

This new feature makes it easier to read more posts by owners now known to have posted about that type of boat. Saves a lot of unrelated random reading. But I must admit, even those topics make it hard to "put down this good book".

Thanks again Tom

Great idea!

While you updating those profiles, please take a moment to enter your homeport in the "Location" field.
Knowing a members location makes it much easier to offer help if you know where the boat is geographically located.
It also lets you know how many of your particular model is local to you. :wink:

Back