Portable Livewell

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennparkerh2o

Reaction score
After going back and forth about geting a portable or permanent livewell, I decided to go with the portable in the 30 gallon range. Im assuming that a portable livewell will require raw water washdown.

My question is, do all portable livewells come wiith a fitting to connect the hose from the raw water washdown. Any recommendations for a portable?

thanks in advance

I use a Kodiak PF-26 with a Shurflo Bait Sentry pump (800 GPH). I've kept 2 dozen adult pogies alive for hours. If you want to use your washdown to feed the livewell, the Kodiak comes with a nylon garden hose fitting.

BTW, if you do decide to buy a Kodiak, buy a blem. I did and saved $72.00. I still don't know what the "blem" is. Looks perfect to me. 8)

Dom

I dock at gateway marina (dead horse bay). I will be taking delivery of my 2520 xl in late march.

Is your livewell mounted to the dock or is it portable?

It's not bolted down to my deck. It's pretty heavy when full (about 200 lbs), so it stays put.

Here is a pic.

Picture_071_Small_.jpg

pennparkerh2o":1tle8t2n said:
I dock at gateway marina (dead horse bay). I will be taking delivery of my 2520 xl in late march.

Is your livewell mounted to the dock or is it portable?

BTW, I dock at Bay End. You'll see me out in J-Bay all the time. My boat's Anna Bella.

Dom

96TL":7hacsxsm said:
It's not bolted down to my deck. It's pretty heavy when full (about 200 lbs), so it stays put...

If you cut a piece of Rubbermaid shelf liner (cheap at Wally World) to fit under that live well, I can guarantee you that it won't move unless you get broached. :shock: :shock: :shock:

96TL,

Interesting to see where you've put your portable tank.

In southern Calif we fish live bait all the time and have bait barges off many of the harbors where we can pick up live sardines, anchovies, and occasionally squid. We also catch live mackeral for bait. Given multiple bait options I chose to install a double tank on my 2320. This is a permanent install and holds about 20 gallons in each chamber.

Attachments

• DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,214
joshdad":297w6rx1 said:
Given multiple bait options I chose to install a double tank on my 2320. This is a permanent install and holds about 20 gallons in each chamber.

A dual chamber tank is a must if you are fishing fin bait and squid.

I have a 52 gallon single chamber tank and when the squid is around I wish I had a dual tank.

pennparkerh2o":3gfhqin6 said:
I use a Kodiak PF-26 with a Shurflo Bait Sentry pump (800 GPH).

96TL, why do u use a pump if you run the well off your raw water washdown?

Sorry, I just stumbled on your question today. The Shurflo BaitSentry is strictly a livewell pump. It feeds raw water to my livewell. I have a Johnson Aquajet for my washdown.

You see that water outlet feeding the livewell? Thats the output from the BaitSentry pump. I have an identical outlet on the other side for the washdown output.

Here's mine. 20 Gal, hooked to a bait well pump. Raw water pump is separate.

Bought the Kodiak live well kit and rubbermaid commercial garbage can
with a lid.

Ran the overflow directly to the hole in the scupper. No water on deck.

Tucks in the corner. Around $50 plus pump.

Attachments

• Baitwell Pump (Medium) (Small).jpg
    Baitwell Pump (Medium) (Small).jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 984
  • Bait Well 001 (Small).jpg
    Bait Well 001 (Small).jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 984
  • 03282008 048 (Small).jpg
    03282008 048 (Small).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 984
Back