Post your TOWER rigging photos please ...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Anyone have any DETAILED photos they could share showing the layout of their tower rigging tubes? I can snake my VHF antenna and all-round light leads down through the rear legs of my tower ... but I'd like to see how some of your boats are rigged for the hydraulic steering and control cables. Looking for details showing the locations and device/method (dedicated 'tube' or such) as used.

As you can see, the front area of my tower is clear for now, but once installed - my existing radar radome will be centered forward in between the front legs. So maybe a central rigging tube to enter the cabin (mounted behind the radome) might be the best option ... leaving the port and starboard side rooftop areas obstruction free ans clear for easy access in and out. Plus leaving no cables or such that someone could use as a handhold 8O - doh!

tower_antennasandlights_173.jpg

Dale,
I'm going over to my boat in a bit and can take some detailed pics if you want. They may or may no help you since I don't have any controls up there. My tower folds down and I have a bimini but I can take some pics of the antenna mounts and remote mic and show some of the routing into the PH. My set-up works very well for what I use it for.

All of my rigging goes in the 2 rigging tubes that come out the bottom of my control box. then they go into the cabin in a rigging tube that goes into the helm

Attachments

• Rear Tower.jpg
    Rear Tower.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 828
  • 7500.jpg
    7500.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 740
BradV":18sn7ht6 said:
All of my rigging goes in the 2 rigging tubes that come out the bottom of my control box ... into the cabin in a rigging tube that goes into the helm ...
Hmmmmmmmmm, whereas I don't have a helm pod affixed yet (designed in concept only) how 'white trash' or DIY'r do you guys think using the T-H Marine OB rigging hose kits would look?

20070807142731.jpg

Plus see T-H Marine picture below ...

Attachments

• TH.JPG
    TH.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 818
not at all most of the towers that fold have to have that rigging hose because its flexible. If my tower would have folded below the belly band then i would have had to use them. If you look at Parkers website the tower they show uses them.

DaleH":1jjoxwve said:
Hmmmmmmmmm, whereas I don't have a helm pod affixed yet (designed in concept only) how 'white trash' or DIY'r do you guys think using the T-H Marine OB rigging hose kits would look?

As Brad said... I think you could make that work.

Not sure if this will help or not but here's a few pics.

Attachments

• Tower Collage Resize.jpg
    Tower Collage Resize.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 688
NICE Downeaster there Capt Ronnie ... but I can't see where the hydraulic steering and control cable run for the life of me ... less those small vertical downtubes, but from then down ... where to???

Back