Powder Blue Hulls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker23

Reaction score
I have been noticing a lot of these Powder Blue Hulls up on Long Island lately, can not say I am a fan of the color. To me it doesn't blend in with the cream color of the topside. What you guys think and why is Parker pushing this color? I have seen some in the lot at Whitewater in Sayville also.

I saw a light blue 23SE and a yellow 21SE on a recent trip to Beaufort, NC. Personally, I like the colors and think that they look good. The colors are mute and should age well.

I have no direct information, but I am guessing that Parker is continuing to make updates to their boats and that hull colors are one of these updates. It is is the same vein as the revised console designs (now with cupholders!). I think that these modest updates are badly overdue and will help Parker appeal to a wider audience and ultimately sell more boats.

I say "bravo" to Parker.

The Parker dealer near me has one. My wife and I don't care for it at all. At first clance it looks white. Parker should stay with their standard. It is still quite appealing.JMO

I would like to see a all black boat, hull and cabin. Anyone have a pics of that?

I like hull colors. However I think darker colors go well with the Parker off-white top decks while the pastel colors go much better with white top decks. I am not sure I am a fan of the light blue but a flag blue or hunter green would look great on a Parker. Only thing is I would want a painted finish over a colored gell coat since the dark colors are prone to fading.

Here is the light blue gell coat on the Parker
web.jpg

Makes it look like its for a boys room, maybe a pink hull for girls? I think it takes away from the boat, but that is just me.

Here is another picture of the blue hull, i believe they also are making them in yellow if im not mistaken, not sure if i like it or not, after my last boat (dark blue hull) i swore i would never buy another colored hull again in my life.

Attachments

• blue parker.jpg
    blue parker.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 600
My guess is that the new colored hulls are pale to avoid what Greg said - dark gelcoat colors look great new, but they don't stay that way long.
The lighter colors resist fading better than dark, or at least they don't look as bad when they do fade.

There is a flag blue 28 Southport CC on a lift near me that I fished on when it was new. Beautiful boat when new.
Now, 4 years later, the hull is a faded mess, mostly because the owner doesn't keep after it.

Think about it. Even our white hulls chalk up if we don't keep after them.
Colored gelcoat does the same, but the darker it is, the worse it looks.

Again, like Greg said... if you want color, your best bet is to paint it.

Parker is simply reacting to the other manufacturers, and to what customers say they want.
That tells me they are listening.

Somewhere in here I posted a picture of a teal blue 21SE that was sold at Tri State a year or so ago. Flat out beautiful looking boat. Do agree that maybe the darker colors look nicest against the cream and also would only do dark color via paint and not gel coat. Annapolis Boat Sales has or had a Jones 1910LT with dark blue hull sides and when I drove past the place a year ago I noticed it and made an unscheduled stop just to oogle.

IMO Parker needs to up their game on the leaning post of the cc's to get some attention. Am finding I would LOVE something like this on my SE

Attachments

• imagesCAA8CJUN.jpg
    imagesCAA8CJUN.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 584
Jacks dad, that is a nautical designs leaning post. You can have one installed on your boat if you want.
I am sure they would do it in cream to match your boat too: http://www.nauticaldesigninc.com/

As far as hull painting. Check out the colors http://www.alexseal.com offers. The finish holds up brilliantly and does not fade. While the pale blue is ok with the cream top deck, I would think yellow would look horrible.

BF those are some fine looking posts and such on their website. Priced accordingly too!

Oh well I can dream I suppose...

Jacksdad,You sure hit the nail on the head.On my 2300 dvcc storage is at a minium that would really help out.Maybe someday lol.

SommerTime":3ki1v0pu said:
I hate the colored hulls, they look like a sissy's boat. :(

ROTHFLMAO.....I love this guy !!

No really tell us how you really feel. :lol:

Its cool just thought it was funny........ :D

Back