Power Trim / Tilt on Yamaha 225

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I completed a lot of updates to the boat this winter and she is running just fine. That said, after I got her back in the water I discovered that my engine tilt is working, but very slow to move and seems like it may be in need of hydraulic fluid? Has anyone ever had to add or change the fluid in your engine tilt. I don’t even know where to start. I am open to any advice. The engine is a 1999 Yamaha 225.

Thanks

i just purchased the same boat and i was told from previos owner that he adds fluid in begining of season(l.i.n.y) for last 6 years and never had a problem(i hope).So it may be a common problem .I am going to handle it the same way .This is the first parker I owned and I love it.I use the 25 pilot occasionally at work but I like the 231 w/a alot more.Good luck .Hope this helps Steve

Thanks, i have not yet completed the job because it is in the water and want to wait until i get a solid week of rain, better to pull it then and work when i know it would be nasty fishing anyway. But plan to follow Dale's instruction when i do. Do you have any photos of your boat, always interested in what others may have done to theirs.

Back