Price for a new 2120

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wisentaner":1bs9hkib said:
Local dealer has a new 05 2120 with 4S 150 and 4700# bunk trailer for $41,500. Any one have any feed back on this price. The dealer still has not goton back with the figure for an 06. I am going to try to work a little on this price but I just don't know what the Parkers have actuialy been selling for. Thanks for the help.

Don't forget that JC has one for sale here on CP. Only 20 hours, plus electronics.

lucky john,

Porkchunker is right. You don't even have to travel to get JC's rig. How could I have missed this. Check out his trailer, anchor, windlass, kickass electronics, and other goodies. And no sales tax I believe. And both in Joisy!

We talked on the phone yesterday.I'm waiting for a couple guys who had told me to contact them when I was going to sell.Once I hear back from them I will call JC and go take a look.He is only about 30-40 mintues from me.Could be a good deal for both parties.

Sal,do you know for a sure if there is no sales tax?That would be a nice savings right there :D

Actually....

How do I say this. I am sure that given the current economy for recreational luxury proucts, like boats, in the middle of winter, is soft. So soft that JC"s $40,000 used boat might actually sell to you for, I am betting, less than $20,000 as far as motor vehicles is concerned.

How could anyone question that? After all the two best days in a boater's life are the day he buys the boats and the day he sells it. Have a receipt drawn up for the $20,000 number to show MVC when you register it.

Off topic.... In Maryland, one pays sales tax on a boat, but the state earmarks all the money for the waterways. In NJ, one pays sales tax on a boat, and it goes in a general fund, none of it earmarked for the water. The politicians than use the money to hire their brother-in-law, who works 2 days/week, and on those two days he works, he ok's a state program to build new housing for the poor by builder "X", who amazingly out of the goodness of his heart builds the brother-in-law a new house for half of cost, on land sold off by the state to the brother-in-law for $1,800.

Sigh. I actually think the boat receipt should read $8,000 now.

GUYS,
THEY USUALLY LOOK UP THE VALUE OF THE BOAT. THEY HAVE CAUGHT ON TO THIS TRICK. MOVE TO NEW HAMPSHIRE, NO SALES TAX. THEN FISH IN MASSACHUSETTS WATERS FOR HALF THE COST. WORKS FOR ME.

Attachments

• TUNA2.JPG
    TUNA2.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 8,729
If I wind up getting JC's boat I don't think I would get that hammered about taxes.After all it's a 2005,and JC didn't take good care of it....... :roll: I think it would fly,but appreciate your input. :wink:

PS: This forum is whacky.Only way I can post is if I do it from IE,if I try to do it through AOHELL,I get invalid input.............. :x

I used to have AOL back in the dark days when the evil empire was about all there was. Then I found freedom with the rebellion and Earthlink. I use IE, Firefox, or whatever browser and operating system that tickles my fancy. Same for e-mail: Outlook, Outlook Express, Opera, or one of the mail clients that runs on Linux.

Just converted to Verizon FiOS (fiber), and the only thing I asked them for was the IP addresses for: 2x DNS servers, a POP3 server, and an SMTP server. I bring my own operating system and browser and e-mail client of my choice.

Try this...download and install FireFox. Once you logon to AOL, shrink it down to an icon so it is not in the way, bring up FireFox and do your browsing from there.

Ok to cover all my bets, I went to talk to my Parker dealer in Manahawkin.
Here's the deal he set on the table
2007 2120 SC
150 Yami 4 stroke
freight an offloading
raw water washdown
rocket launcher
spreader light
bow pulpit
west coast bowrail
botoom paint
dealer prep an water test/60 gallons fuel
CG package
-1075 winter sales incentive/pre boat show
less 16,000 for my Century 2100CC trade
tax/reg 1820 +145
27,965 + Century out the door

I'm thinking if I decide to go new,I'll go back at end of month and offer 25K + trade :D
I don't know if this was his bottom line price,or I'll get him to do this to sell a boat in January.
I have to let him know by the end of month though because the bow pulpit an higher rail was not ordered an they need time for the change before they build her.
You think they will go for my deal?

IMHO... even at 28k+trade I think you're doing pretty well, especially the way you have her optioned.
25k+trade would be a bonus, but I wouldn't take that bet to Vegas. 8)

Question... why the (taller) west coast style bow rail?

If I had it to do over again I would go for the taller bow rail. I frequently fish from the front of the boat when casting to structure, and I often anchor facing the bridges at the local tunnels. A taller bow rail would actually be useful when catching some large waves or when working fish close to the bow. The standard rail is not high enough to be of much practical value except as a final barrier to break my neck on before going overboard. Well, not really, but that's the way it seems sometimes!

I may ask Parker if a retro fit is possible. That is of course, after all the other mod's have been done, years down the road!

Here are the options I would trade with the current option list:

Trade the tab indicators for the port opening windshield.
Trade the raw water wash for the west coast bow rail.
Trade the swim ladder for the coaming pads.
Keep the windlass and pulpit and add the second station. It's only money!

On second thought, I'd keep them all! :D

What I don't understand is why anyone would get two spreader lights? One lights up the entire back half of the boat. :?
And just to show my ignorance, why do they call them "spreader" lights?

I want the higher rail because in the fall I fish in the "White Water" for Striped Bass.I feel the higher rail would give me a little better safety net while going up there to drop anchor.It gets real snotty at times :shock:
I doubt he'll go for the 25k plus trade,but I'll bet he'll split that difference with me.The AC boat show is in 2 weeks,he knows I'm a serious buyer.I don't think he'd want to lose my sale.

JC has a great boat on here for sale,the only problem is selling mine.I'm working on all ends right now.I want to put this to bed before I leave for Florida in Feb. :wink:

Interesting about dealer territories. Living in Nashvillle with no dealer or territory issues, I called almost every Parker dealer searching for my 2120 DV SC with 150 4s and a trailer. Started looking seriously in September, 2006 and bought in November, 2006.

Got my best offer on one of last year's (2006) models at Morehead City.

New England dealers did not think I was serious about driving that far so they were not competitive.

Got my best custom 2007 in production quote from Virginia Beach.

Texas and California were nowhere in the ball park. Maryland was competitive.

Bought one off the lot in Tampa which was about the same deal I had at Morehead City and Virginai Beach. I had a family trip to Tampa so saw the boat I bought near the airport at Family Boating and Marine Center of Florida. All three dealers (Norfolk, Morehaed City and Tampa) are about 600 miles away from here. Parker will not drop ship.

Since it was a warmer winter drive to Florida and another excuse to see family there, drove down, sea trialed it in a fresh water lake behind the dealer and zipped home. And the $40,360 with rocket launcher, opening port window, spreader light, stainless prop, wash down pump, surge brakes & spare tire, warranty, etc. suited me fine after all the research.

I had abandoned looking at used ones a few months earlier since good clean ones were priced so close to the new ones and I wanted the standard 3 year Yamaha warranty plus the 3 year YES warranty that runs to 2012 for me and I wanted a four stroke.

Finished the break in as designated by Yammie and changed oil & gear case lube. Wish it ran about 4 degrees lower down on the bow and had a mate's pedestal seat, but I'm working on those opportunities now.

Loving it - using it year round - on float lift in marina - draws a lot of attention here. All electronics in now as well as portable heat and searchlight so ready for night running.

Pleased Pete

I ain't an attorney but have to say up front I cannot recommend any of the dangerous devices I tried or still use. Chance of fire or lack of oxygen or CO poisoning or going poof are risks I take alone.

First to get some heat I ran good sized wires forward from the stbd. battery and tried a 12V 300 watt heater used by RV's to help someone keep their legs warm. Waste of time as the heat was nil and the battery draw was big. I could buy a 1500 watt or maye a 1000 watt inverter and a 120 volt AC ceramic heater but not interested in all that. Will use my wires for somthing else since they are fused at the battery. Could also try the Honda generator some use for heat, cooling, microwave, etc. but our winter is short and summer usually comfortable.

Next I tried a single burner portable stove that uses a gas container with a notch in it - looks like a paint spay can. Gives off plenty of heat but I was nervous with the open flame in case something fell on it as I had it in the center of the forward walkway. The CO monitor I took from my house to try would not function below 40 degrees so took it back home. Below is just a photo of the stove that does put out the heat. Not sure how long a gas can lasts. Mine is in a black case so easy to store. Have had it for years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAMPING-GAS-STOVE-L ... dZViewItem

Then I found the Coleman golf cart catalytic heater:

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-GolfCat-C ... ting-goods

I sent this link only to show the metal suppots since they fit perfectly in the forward walkway of my boat and becuse the catalytic head is sloped down it would be hard for something to fall on it and stay in place to possiblly burn. The only issue is that I do not see a flame except at night as I could see the glow tonight so I have to remember to shut it off. It uses propane cylinders I buy at Home Depot or Ace I think run less then $5 each. They screw into the head. I turn it on high, wait a second or two and then press the igniter and it gives a small pop sound as the catalytic face (fairly large) does its thing. Does not make the house toasty warm, but cuts the chill on a mid 30 degree day for me. At least the chill down to about my knees. Works much better obviouly when the boat is not moving to increase the wind chill so I leave the door closed when stopped and pop in the house to cut the chill. I run mid 30's MPH most of the time so would help if I sealed the wire runs on both sides too. It is a good hand warmer for me any time.

I have a commercial carpet under the Coleman so it does not slide around and I leave off the black plastic cylinder the golfers use to put it in a cup holder on the golf cart. The golf carts gets drafty and bounces some so I assumed the thing would work the same in my boat. If I had large waves, I would definaltely secure it in place and will probably do that for my safety next time I have my tools out.

Taaa taaa that's all folks Pete

Back