Price of Ringfree

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker23

Reaction score
Went to buy Ringfree today price was 37.99 a qt, I almost blew chunks! This was in freeport N.Y. :shock:

dealer told me that chevron and texaco use techron which is exactly the same thing as ring free....only good if you trailer i suppose....

Seems expensive, but put in perspective only adds .059 per gallon.

I was going to add ... what is the cost of NOT adding RingFree :shock: ?

Having rebuilt a powerhead before, I'd say $4-5K+ as a conservative estimate on a V6 puppy.

Just that a $10.00 a qt jump in price is hard to take. :x

I'm gonna give DaleH and B-Faithful (maybe the last 2 anti-Yamaha people on earth) some ammo, but here it goes.

I cannot, for the life of me see the need to run Ring-Free in a 4-stroke Yamaha, except, Yamaha reccomends it. I have never owned another 4-stroke motor that required additives. After 4 years, I've bought some for my motor. As Megabyte says, SIM has some good prices if you buy case at a time, I think SIM will pay shipping.

Having said that, I have never owned another 4-stroke that was as reliable or quiet as a Yamaha, although admiral's Accord comes very close! BTW, Honda does not require Ring-Free.

Latest posts

Back