Put the Boat on a Scale and truck pics

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuellevellow

Reaction score
Put the boat on the scales today and the weight was 11,260 pounds. Boat is a 2530 with twin 150’s full tank of fuel (170 gallons) with the sink/fridge/dinette configuration and four gallons of fresh water. Other items include a Furuno Navnet system with Radar a Honda 2000 generator with fuel 16 rod holders and the basic life saving gear and Epirb. My Pacific trailer is rated at 9999lbs. Total going down the road was 17,997.
Joe

These calculations FASCINATE me! What I am going to do is weight EVERYTHING before I put it aboard this season :shock: !

Where did the EXTRA weight come from :?: ???

See below, as I did have to make some assumptions ...

Attachments

• Weight.jpg
    Weight.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,650
hmmmm.....Using a very conservative 2500#'s for trailer, that leaves only 4237#'s for a 3/4 ton diesel p/u. My half ton ext cab gas Z-71 weighs over 5200#'s. :?

I believe my estimation that my 2520 MVSC weighs 8000+ pounds might be light, considering my "gear weight", and your report.

Image-5C4FCE954F5411DB.jpg

This makes me even more amazed at how well my 1997 vintage 225 OX66 pushes this barge. :D

Fishfactory the trailer was in the 11260 as thats how I got it to the scales so the truck is 6737.

Dale I am also interested in the extra weight.

As a side note I have to add that at 6737lbs my 3/4 ton diesel can do the 8th mile in less the 8.6 seconds @ 81.46 mph :D I know its not a Parker but It's really fun having a 500hp/1000tq tow truck. It loves to eat Mustangs. Anyone local want a ride?

Attachments

• Diesel1.jpg
    Diesel1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Diesel2.jpg
    Diesel2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Diesel3.jpg
    Diesel3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • Diesel4.jpg
    Diesel4.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,550
Now that is one hauling Duramax! :D

Can you share the specifics of how you turned up the wick on her?

No problem Megabyte...But you got me started!

I started with intake, exhaust (four inch turbo back with the cat removed) and removed the exhaust redirect that causes the engine to burn your exhaust twice for admissions control. Next was a five thousand dollar Suncoast/Allison transmission on steroids with a billet torque converter. Next the rear end will need to be upgraded as I have blown a few. To make a Diesel fast you need fuel and lots of it as the fuel system on a Duramax can reach 26000 ponds so a lift pump is required as well as full engine management software call EFI Live by FlashScan. With EFILive you can take complete control of your truck and modify any parameter you want but it takes skills to make it work correctly. I have been programming EFI for over a year now and I am just learning how to do it correctly. It takes allot of dyno time to get it working smoothly. I also have gauges for turbo boost as I am now pushing over 32 pounds and a pyrometer to measure exhaust gas temps. This gauge is critical as I can reach temps of more them 1500 in less then a quarter mile. The real weak link in my truck is the seats. They just can’t hold a 180 person back during a full boost launch so they are bolted through the floor. I will post a dyno sheet later and movies if someone tells me how to post movies here. You can go to thedieselplace.com and go to videos and search for “my diesel loves” and “My diesel was just too fast” to see video of me crushing a Mustang Cobra and GT :shock: . Or if you are local come by and take a ride. Total I have about $11000 in speed mods to my truck by that’s nothing compared to the happiness it brings me. I love to shock people in so called sports cars like Vetts (not z06) mustangs cameros and ricers. Anyone want to race! :lol:

Attachments

• Birthday_diesel 022a.jpg
    Birthday_diesel 022a.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Dyno day 011a.jpg
    Dyno day 011a.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Dyno day 018a.jpg
    Dyno day 018a.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,513
  • Dyno day 021a.jpg
    Dyno day 021a.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,513
Al's busy cleaning all of his 20+ toilets.

And more, while he builds his warchest to later join the race and butt heads with all his friends he'll be campaigning against.

I love it! :D
You ought to take that thing on Hot Rod Magazines "Power Tour"... or better yet... "Drag Week". You'd kill em!

I run a slightly modified Jeep Cherokee 4.0l with intake, exhaust, fuel, chip, and suspension mods... tho not to the extent of yours! :shock:

I have fun jumping unsuspecting 'poseur performance cars' from time to time.
Nice job on yours. :D

jeep04.jpg

I have a regular 5.3L in my Suburban and want to get an idea of what kind of performance boost I would get using the K&N air filter kit. Should I see any change in fuel economy?

Thanks,

John

You will not see any change in power with a K&N. But your wallet will be thinner!

Fuellevellow":147f917y said:
... I am also interested in the extra weight.
That's whay I want to get out of this example ... how much does the boat 'really' weigh versus the 'dry' hull weight listed by the factory and then what you know and guess to be on it.

Any idea where the missing 1500 pounds are from??

Back