Questions about 2520 vs. 2820 vs. 2810 ride

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimano84

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help with a few things, so I just sold my 2320 and bought a used albemarle.... I already am missing Parker (I still have my 21 SE), I can’t get away from Parkers. So I have done tons of research and can find plenty of answers about 2520 singles, 2520 twin 200s, and 2820’s, but not really any hard info on the 2810. So my questions are... does the 2820 ride THAT much better than the 2520? Does anyone have any input on the 2810 ride vs. the 2820. I know there is no step down and you may sit just a tad further back. I have also heard that because you sit further from the engines in the 2820 vs. the 2520 that some people think the 25 is a better ride. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks in advance for any insight as I am confused as what to do right now.

First I want to say that I have never ridden on a 2820 or 2810 but I have been on 2520 and own a 2320. Your question may be distorted a little if someone has been on both boats but the 2520 was the XL model and not the XLD.

2520 XL comes with a 16deg deadrise but the XLD has a 21deg deadrise.

If I am not mistaken, all 2820 and 2810 are XLD models and are 21deg. There would be a significant difference between a 16deg and 21 deg but both have their place.

johnkn, on this board, owned both. I would reach out to him. I am not sure which 2520 he owned but I think it was the XL (not sure). I just want you to have this information so you can compare apples to apples.

good luck and hang in there, someone will be along to answer you. It's the slow time of the year (at least mid atlantic and north)
Kevin

Shimano84":8qcdsa9z said:
Hey guys I need some help with a few things, so I just sold my 2320 and bought a used albemarle.... I already am missing Parker (I still have my 21 SE), I can’t get away from Parkers. So I have done tons of research and can find plenty of answers about 2520 singles, 2520 twin 200s, and 2820’s, but not really any hard info on the 2810. So my questions are... does the 2820 ride THAT much better than the 2520? Does anyone have any input on the 2810 ride vs. the 2820. I know there is no step down and you may sit just a tad further back. I have also heard that because you sit further from the engines in the 2820 vs. the 2520 that some people think the 25 is a better ride. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OcPakerguy":1s53aghq said:
Shimano84":1s53aghq said:

I have 2810. Ride is great! Has twin 250. I traded up from a 2510. Riding farther forward sometime can be a bit tougher but overall very nice ride. I go offshore. 60-79 miles. On average sea conditions I can run 24-26 knots comfortably. A little faster if it calm. I think you might be right on 25 a little better ride but not huge difference. We should be going back in water in next 45 days or so. More then welcome to go for a ride .
I didn’t like the step of the pilot house vs my walk around. Much easier when your fishing. I have curtains so not an issue to fish. The winter. Have any more questions pm me !

I have 2810. Ride is great! Has twin 250. I traded up from a 2510. Riding farther forward sometime can be a bit tougher but overall very nice ride. I go offshore. 60-79 miles. On average sea conditions I can run 24-26 knots comfortably. A little faster if it calm. I think you might be right on 25 a little better ride but not huge difference. We should be going back in water in next 45 days or so. More then welcome to go for a ride .
I didn’t like the step of the pilot house vs my walk around. Much easier when your fishing. I have curtains so not an issue to fish. The winter. Have any more questions pm me !

I was at the AC boat show on Friday and they had a good deal on the 2520xld with single 300 for 115K. That seemed like a good price to me considering they base price was 117 in 2016.

I've only been on a 2520...

From a theoretical point of view, all the boats mentioned have a beam of 9.5 feet.

I've read that the ideal length to beam ratio (for the best ride) for a boat is 3.5, and the dead rise should be 20 degrees or greater. The 28 is nearly there. The 25 would be a bit less on L/B, but the same as the 28 for dead rise.

None of those factors take into consideration pilot house/helm location. I presume that's why owners sense a difference between models.

This article is interesting...

https://www.boatingmag.com/how-to-choose-best-riding-boat

Couple highlights...

"Soft Ride, Steep and Skinny"

“Think of these ideals: soft-riding, dry and fast,” he said. “Now, pick two.”

Hope that helps some.

Jon

Howdy, I purchased a new 2520xl Openback with single 300 and ran it 5 months and was unhappy with actual performance and economy vs what was advertised. I traded it back in on a new 2820 Openback with T300s. I can't speak to the new WAs as the last 2510 I owned was in 2000. I'm a huge Openback fan, almost all the virtues of the WAs yet I can put the curtains up when needed. Was there a huge difference in the ride of my 2520 vs 2820? No, there certainly is a difference, I wouldn't consider it "huge". Both boats had the free standing 2nd station. For me, the 2nd station and Openback made each boat. 2820 has considerably more room and the 2820 even with 2x the power gets WAY better fuel economy than the 2520 with the single 300, yet picked up ~18 mph on the top end despite 21* vs 16* deadrise, 3 ft longer and much heavier boat. If I had it to do again, for ME, I would absolutely purchase another 2820 Openback with T300s. Good luck...

Back