questions about '97 23 SE hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pboettger

Reaction score
I'm looking at a hull on this site: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-PAR ... 4aa6fff1df.

I called the seller about this boat. He told me the transom was fine, and that all parkers in this model came with the transom plate and braces you see in the pictures. Anybody able to confirm that parker did this? Also, I called an accredited marine surveyor in the local area. For $250.00 he will give me a detailed survey with check list, more pictures, and estimate of what he thinks its worth. Providing its structurally sound and I can get it 1-2K lower than he's asking, this is exactly the type of situation I'm looking for, counting on a complete restoration and cost of a used 200 hp 4 stroke. Already have a trailer that will work. Any more input?

Peter Boettger
Greenville, NC

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think it has been discussed on here a couple times about the gel coat cracking slightly where the transom meets the floor. There is inevitably a little flex here simply because there is not a solid structural connection between the transom and the floor, that all being at the gunnels and bottom hull itself. All told it would not likely cause any real issues other then the little cracks in the gel coat. Possibly the previous owner thought the cracks were major and added the supports. Looks like a great, clean project boat!

I e-mailed Robin Parker and confirmed it that this was definitely not done at the factory. In the interim I got a quote with a reputable local on what it would cost to do a complete restoration, including all new gel coat, transom rebuild, and bottom paint which comes to about $7,500. Of course this does not include the cost of purchasing the hull. In reality, I'm guessing this hull is worth about $2500.

Back