Racor filter substitute for yamaha filter

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I went and purchsed the Racor S3213 fuel water separator,I was told by the Parker/Yamaha dealer in my area that this will spin right on to the exsisting Yamaha OEM head, IS THIS CORRECT ?? Also when changing to Racor do I have to fill filter with gas or do I just use the primer bulb ???

Robert
[email protected]

I drained the fuel from my Yammie 10 micron into a clear plastic jug so I could see if it was clean & there was no water in it. Rather that dispose of the fuel, I poured the clean fuel into the Racor and the twisted it on. Engine fired right up.

I wemt to the auto shop and bought a mirror (maybe 4 in. X 2 in.) with an extendable handle. The miror lets me see the clear bottom of the Racor without having to hang into the compartment where mine is installed. Lazy man inspection system.

Happy Racor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

Pete,

Thats a good way of keeping it Green !! thanks for the tip on mirror,I too have to hang in weird position to get to this area.

Robert

This is a question from a very uninformed boatowner, How do uou check/replace the filter on a Racor? Does it just unscrew? Do you put a bucket undermeath to catch any excess fuel?

Tolerance and understanding in replying would be appreciated.

Miss Mattie,

You can put a bucket underneath to catch the fule which is going to spill,yes you unscrew the metal canister from the head,then you take the plastic bowl which is at bottom on Racor,remove it carefully as not to damage o-ring,then take your new racor metal filter,screw on the old plastic bowl,make sure o-ring is in place on both the bowl and metal canister and just screw back in place.remember to place small amount of motor oil on metal canister o-ring to lubricate while being screwed on.

PS:there is a tool to remove the plastic bowl that sells for 15.00 bucks made by racor.

Racor and others recomend that 10 micron filters be changed often specially when you have E10 fuel.

Robert

Back