Radar Mount

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagoda64

Reaction score
I have a new 2510WA. I just purchased a 4k 24" dome radar. I am thinking about changing it over to 48" open array. Either way, which direction mount should I get and has anyone mounted a 48" array on a 25 parker?

Don't understand your question "...which direction mount..."

Do you mean mount it flat on the hardtop or mount it on a Raymarine pedestal with a 5 deg downward angle?

Have never seen a 48" open array on a 25' boat. Maybe someone has done it, but I've not seen one. Generally such an array would go on a big sportfisher that regularly fishes the stream.

Seaview makes a 5" power mount for Radar. You can get a foward leaning or aft leaning. Not sure what the benifet would be from either. The hardtop on the 2510wa would support a 48", just don't know how it would look.

Pagoda64":rar14xg9 said:
I have a new 2510WA. I just purchased a 4k 24" dome radar. I am thinking about changing it over to 48" open array. Either way, which direction mount should I get and has anyone mounted a 48" array on a 25 parker?

The only reason I can think of to get the 48" open array is to locate flocks of diving birds that are miles away...... the 4K 24" dome will do everything you are likely to need except that....

Its good to whack the gulls off your roof also! :lol:

I have a 2510 with hardtop. Last spring I mounted a Raymarine 48'' open array 72 mile radar on top. I was a bit apprehensive at first due to the shear weight of the thing. However, I did not choose it , it chose me. I got it new in box for $65. I was in the right place, and it was all legal. I found a used head unit at Martek for $300, and had to buy new cord for $225. Anyhow, I mounted it flush to the top and it works great! I can pick up single birds!!!! I know it is overkill, but I couldn't turn it down. I do have it mounted directly straddling a crossmember but I am still concerned about its weight and a hard sea. I have been visiting this site for a year now and have not introduced myself or added any pictures yet. I will try to take some tomorrow of the radar to upload.

One thing to keep in mind even if you put an open array on a Parker, is that the distance claim for radar is based on it being higher in the air.

Parkers aren't very tall, versus a sportfishing boat with an open array.

I don't have Radar but I mounted one with a friend on his Silverton, about three times taller than one would sit on a Parker.

Something to keep in mind as you won't get full effective distance.

Dana

I agree, my 72 mile radar is only good to about 5-6 miles for objects.(picks up storms much, much further) However, the clarity and distinction at normal ranges is unreal. Zoomed in I can usually pick up crab pot corks.

Welcome aboard CaptZig!
Looking forward to those photos. :wink:

I'm hoping to install a Furuno 26" open array on my 2520 someday.

Back