Rail antenna mount for 21SE question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Reaction score
Thinking about installing a rail mount to handle an 8' Shakespeare 5225 XT. Was wondering if the 4190 rail mount is sufficient for handling this antenna. I don't have any room on my small size console for the other style mounts. If the rail mount is insufficient I may have to consider going to a smaller and/or lighter antenna.
Again, just asking if anyone here has an 8' antenna mounted on their CC rail. Pics would be welcome. Thanks.

I had a height problem in my slip so mounted my 8 ft. antenna for my sc as in photo and seem to get the advantage of the 8 ft. transmit/receive power but maybe a tab less range because it does not have the high line of sight I could have on the roof. Easy to lay it down aft now too.

Pete

Attachments

• 8 ft.VHF antenna (Small).JPG
    8 ft.VHF antenna (Small).JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 445
I mounted a 4' antenna on the left side of my 23 SE console. The top of the antenna is not much higher than the top of the rods that fit in the vertical rod holders there. Because it is only 4 feet long, it does not interfere with casting.

It is mounted on a swivel fitting. At the end of the trip, I swivel it forward, and my console cover still fits over it.

Ignore the ruffians onboard. They are friends from New York, Nebraska, and North Dakota who helped me launch the boat for its maiden voyage in March 2002 and again last March. I am surprised they had any type of nonalcoholic beverage in their hands :lol:

Attachments

• console with antenna.jpg
    console with antenna.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 434
Back