Ran out of water ... !

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Durn it all ... I did it again ;) !

Attachments

• photo 2s.jpg
    photo 2s.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 529
Here's looking at ya'!

Attachments

• Head On-Beach.JPG
    Head On-Beach.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 49
Thanks guys ... but this was an intentional grounding. No one detected my keen sarcastic wit ;) .

I do it all the time at the sandbars that come up on the low tides - see here for more:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=824

I usually go for the unintentional grounding :wink:

I managed to beach my old Mako on the sandbar at Brown's Island in Marblehead about 5 years ago....... My wife and daughter thought it was pretty funny!

Dale that a good one, and well balanced grounding as well.
I once got good and stuck on a sand bar ( right at my harbors entrance for all to see) the tide got going away and away to leave me high and very dry for some hours. The old Yankee that got me into boating in Boston and a lot of other good stuff in life heard of my grounding. He came out on his skiff, threw a long handle brush at me and said " Tell everyone it was on purpose and start scrub'n the bottom" :p

POGE":1yish28k said:
He came out on his skiff, threw a long handle brush at me and said " Tell everyone it was on purpose and start scrub'n the bottom" :p
Haha! And yes, I did clean the bottom too! But the crew loves just being able to step out of the boat and right onto the sand. With the winds we had, I saw boat owner after boat owner struggling to put out 2 and yes ... wait for it ... even 3 anchors to try and keep their boats off the sandbar.

Are you kidding me? Bunch of pansies :roll: ... just beach it ;) !

Back