rare 25ft parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbsurf5143

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 1986 25ft parker center console straight inboard w a full keel. Only a few were made from the factory. Does anyone have a knowledge of these boats?

Welcome aboard Classic Parker!

Those inboard models are quite rare, and this is even more rare, an inboard CC owned by 'Dreamer', see viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13654, plus the image below.

Parker stopped making the straight inboards and I/O's in the late 90's and went strictly to outboards. Members 'TwoBoater', 'Tunamaster', 'Knot Many' and 'Inboard Parker' have inboard Parkers like yours.

Here's some data from the 'Knot Many', see: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=900. She's a 1996 2520 with a true inboard gas motor. The engine is a 7.4 Liter freshwater-cooled Mercruiser, powered via a Hurth V-drive transmission, spinning a 1.5' shaft to an 18x17 4-blade prop. This boat also has a heater in the cabin which runs off the engine coolant system. Depending on the sea conditions it will normally run about 24 mph at 3000-3200 rpm, burning around 12-14 gph, and she tops out in the low 30's. The boat still has the stock trim tabs.

Personally, I LOVE the idea and practicality of this inboard layout (Inboard Parker shown)!
file.php

Attachments

• Inboard-CC.jpg
    Inboard-CC.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 364
Congrats on your new Parker. I now own the Kelly Ann in the top photo. I have a 260 hp Mercuiser with a v-drive. It will run 20 mph at about 3400 rpms, tops out at 30 mph wot. What do you have for a power plant? Is the cc a v-drive as well?

Its the boat in the photo beneath ur photo. It has 5.7 fi liquid cooled mercriuser 310 hp

Greetings! Although this is a 7-yr old thread, I want to first express my gratitude to Dale H, who founded this important and stimulating forum. I became intimately acquainted with Parker boats about 3 years ago, when I was asked to assist a FL boat dealer establishing their new brokerage division. They had been Parker dealers about 7 years, as I recall. I was quite impressed with both the build quality and factory support. Linwood was truly a 'hands-on' owner!

Having sold my 30' Saltshaker CC (Blackfin), I decided to seek out a Parker. Low and behold a 1996 25' Sport Cabin appeared in MD, and after checking the details, seeing a running video and going through the survey process, I made the purchase three weeks ago.

I'm installing a new Raymarine setup, and although I haven't launched yet in NH, everything I've discovered continues to speak to the depth of commitment this company has committed to their product. This was a one-owner boat out of Deale, MD.

Question, however, and perhaps Dale can provide further contact/insight: I want to research the complete history of this era Parker to learn how many were produced, why they initially conceived the idea of the straight inboard, and most especially why they ceased production. I'm in communication with Michele @ Parker, who along with Eric has provided good information...but not to the extent of what I'm seeking.

ANY insight will be greatly appreciated!! Buzz (NH) 603 433-3222 or [email protected]

Back